Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to not really care anymore, don't wanna play with a bunch of greedy pieces of shit anyway.
This guy just won P99
Old 01-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Engage it for a bit, keep disarming until success, then pull back to your group, enter loot mode, drop group, loot staff. Say somethign like oops sorrry was greyish bonechips or whatever crap loot he drops.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

at first I felt a bit bad for the OP, but after reading his nonsense and seeing the chat logs, it seemed to be a well deserved ban. GG GM's. Grats on the staff!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Nothing like giving a dishonest person the advice "Be better at being dishonest." You are all the reason that GMs have to get involved in the first place. A bunch of assholes who are just thinking about themselves instead of the community. A bunch of douche little egomaniacs, who thinks they are the center of the universe. "You should have found a way to cheat the group that's been helping you clear a path to him from being able to roll on an item that could help them all out." What a joke.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleinan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing like giving a dishonest person the advice "Be better at being dishonest." You are all the reason that GMs have to get involved in the first place. A bunch of assholes who are just thinking about themselves instead of the community. A bunch of douche little egomaniacs, who thinks they are the center of the universe. "You should have found a way to cheat the group that's been helping you clear a path to him from being able to roll on an item that could help them all out." What a joke.
Next time, and hopefully for many other starving monks reading this post, there will BE no gm involvement. Just monks with their shiny t staves, no fuss no drama.

OP doing good work at least with this thread spreading the word and the true path.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Your title scared me, "Tranquil staff ban", I thought they banned T-staff, cause that's not classic.
As for you not getting your t-staff, "It's Classic"
You talking about some Kumbaya stuff here, We not talking about the game I love where Shams have to roll against the group for Torpor in Emp grps, cause that's Classic.
To sum it up, this stuff happens everyday, suck it up or set up loot rules before hand. Make some friends and group with only them. Don't bash the staff. And finally, DON'T LVL IN KC.
P.S. Rangers are better pullers than monks in KC, they deserve all the T-staffs.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Well the situation here is nub. KC has shit XP except for basement and shit loot and LCY is a shit camp. Despite Velious being launched of course KC is still somehow a crossroads for nubs to slowly move their XP bars, wipe unnecessarily and embarrassingly, have full groups for absolutely no reason, and bicker and call the GMs every single time a TStaff appears. Its history repeating itself.

The solution is to avoid KC pickup groups. Find a shaman and duo or find a couple buddies and have fun in a 3 4 or 5 man somewhere that isn't KC. KC pickup groups have been the butt of many a P99 joke for quite some time now.

If you don't hunt with friends and you can't get your shit together to herd some cats and go to a low population zone you're gonna have to deal with the PUG bullshit. All things considered the rogue is in the right here, however it didn't have to be this way.

If you want to get drops and make some plat and get your lvls you have to be intrepid and not ride the KC nub train. If you were in a duo or 3 man with friends you could have split the sale and each walked away happy.

Go to Velks and farm some Crystal Chitin if you want to make some plat. You don't even have to go deep into the zone. You'll get the same or better XP than shitty KC and actually get some sellable drops in a zone that has become relatively abandoned and its just port and a short run away.

Orrrrrrrrr you could post up /LFG in fucking........KC. The hivemind mentality on this server is absolutely fucking laughable at this point.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Banned

I'm still shocked op has a 2011 account and is berging out so hard over a fucking tstaff on a pve server..

Also shocked brak did not wait for you to return the item. From what I see here the winner never got your tstaff because of that? If so op is getting a suspension & his pixels so idk why he is freaking out. I'd be more upset for the roll winner not getting the item.

P99 is and always will be greed over need, anyone can get a t staff of they win a 20k item.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I won my RBG from a mostly guild group of old VD / BDA years back. I didn't expect them to pass to me, but I politely inquired about it and they were all cool about it. If they had said no, which you kinda have to expect, I would have understood because I had learned my lesson before when an all guild group (Stillwater) greed rolled a FBSS instead of passing to the rogue (me) who seriously needed it. Omg I was so mad. Kinda how you know you're in a bad guild if that happens.

If people don't know you, like you, or have some bond with you, guild or otherwise, they aren't going pass on big money items. Ever. Just don't expect it and your idea of how things ought to be won't clash so hard with reality and make hilarious threads like this anymore.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is and always will be greed over need, anyone can get a t staff of they win a 20k item.
As it should be. Everyone can benefit from every camp.