Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Kind of reminds of WoW players nowadays who play with so many mods they're not even playing the games themselves anymore. And when argued against, they'll say how much it doesn't effect their gameplay and it's only a small thing.

That being said.....

I don't miss book in face.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one uses an egg timer?
Three, actually.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-11-2015, 02:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiefist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic Hipsters circa 2015.
Heh, you got it right, they are running the classic EQ to the point where you will stare at a book when medding, and have all your buttons on the left and right and a single chat at the bottom.

That really IS their stated goal, so you all should get ready for that.

They are going to be slavishly holding to this classic standard, they have dug around on EQemu's site, and if you read those forums you should know they are learning the coding and client manipulation needed to achieve the total classic immersion.

The way I see it, the choice is stay or go. I'm new so I really don't mind playing around with other options out there. All you that have so much invested, well de-invest! Find something more aligned with what you want or get a group going here in this forum to volunteer your time and effort to someone that wants to run a server to give you what you really want.

I'm looking toward other servers, and maybe even will investigate running my own, its not really all that hard, especially if the players get together and volunteer to help with the server's management.

This server is just a bunch of sweet bro's getting together and recreating the old, old, old days of their youth. Nothing says you can't all get together and do the same, at a slightly different time period. They really don't give a rip about your complaints.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Sirken explicity said on stream tonight that GINA was allowed, but he personally didn't like it.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one uses an egg timer?
That's about as silly as suggesting you should be running this game in windows 3 on a 14.4k modem that you connect through AOL for those classic feels
Old 08-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

I wonder how many people will play this server when there are no tell windows, no graphics options, no mouse scroll, one ui option, no sidestepping, etc, etc. Personally, I think the server was perfect, a classic gameplay/server state with a few quality of life features. I'd be up for a hybrid server that did something like this.

Anyways, the buff timer change was extremely annoying, but I can deal with it. I'll probably just end up using GINA like everyone else. Its pretty lame that a simple feature being removed forces a ton of people to resort to third party programs.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how many people will play this server when there are no tell windows, no graphics options, no mouse scroll, one ui option, no sidestepping, etc, etc. Personally, I think the server was perfect, a classic gameplay/server state with a few quality of life features. I'd be up for a hybrid server that did something like this.

Anyways, the buff timer change was extremely annoying, but I can deal with it. I'll probably just end up using GINA like everyone else. Its pretty lame that a simple feature being removed forces a ton of people to resort to third party programs.
More loot for me and Daldaen.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People can't cope with classic, amirite?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

I use Gamtexttriggers for mez/haste timer and sometimes spawn timer. I'm not sure if I will set it up for other buffs, so far it has not been that annoying. It's actually been sort of freeing as now I am not checking my buff timers so dang often. When they are available I check them a lot. It will suck the first time I am in NFP or some other good city and my illusion drops without me noticing. That death will suck, a death from levi dropping would at least be amusing. I would be much more than likely to die from EB wearing off though. I am notorious for dieing in water for whatever reason.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken explicity said on stream tonight that GINA was allowed, but he personally didn't like it.
in other news.....hitler got upset by jews....same old same old

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread