Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we can have group therapy session for guilds and individuals on this pressing issue. Games kill people. People don't kill people. 2014
derubael should stream p1999 rehab on twitch once a week.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

Just show him this thread... if he doesn't get the message with his gf posting here then hes beyond hope and you should leave him.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

Name and shame, or it didn't happen.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How many of us were asking "Honey, why did you post on the p99 forums?"
Old 10-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Hi Lites gf
Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Promise him more sex for less everquest and follow through with it. I only wish my gf would of done that year's ago. Instead it took me 4 years of playing too much to realize how worthless everquest is, even doing nothing is better than playing now.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Promise him more sex for less everquest and follow through with it. I only wish my gf would of done that year's ago. Instead it took me 4 years of playing too much to realize how worthless everquest is, even doing nothing is better than playing now.
This isn't a bad idea. The important thing is to get him out before he goes any deeper in. Blowjobs, steaks, enemas... do whatever it takes for you to reel him back into RL.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

In all honesty this is my advice - ask him to take a week off. Ask him to just completely get out of the game for 1 week. No forums, no EQ, just get out of it.

I find that if i spend 3 days off of something, its harder for me to get back into it, 6 days and all the sudden I'm into something new.

But thats me... But its worth a shot!

Also make sure that week is full of interesting stuff that both of you are interested in showing him what life hes missing out on, help plan fun activities every night. He's not going to be good at it, because the outside world is a little difficult to navigate while your hearing and vision and voice are being used for the first time in public in a while.

Do not ask him to watch the Bachorlette with him during any of those days.. Maybe a movie that he is interested in with a guest or two.. but dont try to replace time wasted with more wasted time.

Also, do not police this shit, just ask him to try this out for a week. That you want him to just get off it for a week and see how he feels, you know its important to him, but you wana try a week without it and see how he feels.

The big thing is, just get him off for 3 days to a week and he will see how blue the sky is, and how fun the world can be and forget about eq.

Then ... ask him to try more once the week is up.

If you ask him to do shit for you and he says no, then get a new S/O cus thats a deal breaker if they're a bad ass cool person or a super nerd agoraphobic video game freek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Found this whole in depth research project on eq addiction and more. Its actually pretty interesting:

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/addiction.html
Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty this is my advice - ask him to take a week off. Ask him to just completely get out of the game for 1 week. No forums, no EQ, just get out of it.

I find that if i spend 3 days off of something, its harder for me to get back into it, 6 days and all the sudden I'm into something new.
This.

Try and get him to agree to this (and honestly follow through with it). He'll think about EQ constantly for the first 24/48 hours ... but without even realising it, the urge just fades away. Very quickly. Try and combine it with quality time in the real world, but don't make it so obvious that it all becomes about escaping EQ. It should just be good, normal life.
Closed Thread