Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats funny is that you can go to any other Emu and explore those same kunark zones now...

But for some reason i am excited about doing it on p1999....
I was thinking the same thing.... but honestly I can't be bothered with those other servers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Thanks wenai! I know you had alot to do with kunark and of course thankyou to all the other Dev's

hope to see you on Tribes more
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Aviak

The P1999 version will have more content enabled.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

You guys really are amazing.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Orc

So, if we're going to recreate the true kunark release experience you have to have a 6 hour window where the item loot tables are corrupt, and fire beetles in qeynos drop cloaks of flame and innoruuk loot.

Are you going to adjust the RFS and moss covered upon release, or follow the patch schedule? I want to know, because my iks war levelled with the RFS =)

I was a kunark beta tester, and I'm looking forward to testing kunark / iksar factions here. I enjoyed the original release, and the challenge of playing a character that was hated -everywhere-.

Kunark was also my favorite expansion, with velious a distant second.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

I hope they just go ahead and adjust the items post 'nerf' and avoid the camp craze and the headaches and the eventual patches that are needed. No need to not learn from the mistakes, or patches in the past.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope they just go ahead and adjust the items post 'nerf' and avoid the camp craze and the headaches and the eventual patches that are needed. No need to not learn from the mistakes, or patches in the past.
Making adjustments up front would be great, but I expect that human nature being what it is - those adjustments will only be for the negative.

It wasn't until velious that iksar started getting access to the same gear that other plate wearing classes got.

I'd love it to if they retroactively put in the adjustments that came later, but I'm expecting they'll only be the salient nerfs.
Last edited by sgallaty; 10-18-2010 at 11:13 PM..
Old 11-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

Updated info please!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Banned

Not even a hint? Will it be more likely that Santa will bring me an Iksar or that the Easter bunny will?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Re: Iksars and plate - iksars not wearing plate was part of their racial and why they have regen and a small AC bonus- so no they should not change all the armor to include iksar.

Re: firebeetles and god loot - that was not /meant/ to be that way- that was a total mess up- something I feel should not be replicated

Re: Moss Covered Twig etc - these where items and place and given stats intentionaly, just liked iksars not getting plate armor was intentional- just because it was changed later does not mean they did not mean to do it- they just did not see the ramifications- (although iksar getting plate in velious + is them being lazy and not making iksar versions of everything) anywho- the items that are nerfed should follow their proper drop and nerf timeline- just like Manastone Rubicite and Prenef Guise etc etc

Yes VERY eager for Kunark!
Closed Thread