Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Orc

Default Problem with spells_us.txt

At least, I think it's with this file.

This is a text file, right, so I should be able to open it with Notepad and read it?

I was having trouble logging on "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server" and decided to check all the files used to edit the original Titanium install.

When I open spells_us.txt with Notepad it displays like a bunch of foreign characters. The original Titanium file is in English and is indeed a text file.

I RE-downloaded YOUR spells_us.txt from the hosting service and this fresh install still looks "foreign."

And I still can't log on. In fact, I get the same error trying to log into the TZ/VZ server, just tried that to see if it's specific to Project1999 or not.

Question 1: SHOULD your spells_us.txt be openable as an English-language text file?

Question 2: If YES, then what did I download? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Question 3: Any idea as to what's wrong?

Grats on being back online, btw!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

I would keep an eye on http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1117 first as this is a problem a lot of people are having with regards to the login error no comment on the spells.txt
Old 11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Orc

Yeah, thanks, I'm on now. I think when I downloaded the file again it came down corrupted. I rolled it back to the file I had used previously and now I could log in.

It IS interesting that this particular file is readable in the original Titanium version but the one relating to Project1999 does not appear to be. Do you guys encrypt this file, for some reason? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

I just opened it with notepad++ and don't see any issue or difference in the file.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Orc

Mine is 4674 kb and opens as gibberish in Notepad or Notepad++.

Is yours 4674kb?

Strange...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Going to move to resolved.

It just holds a bunch of table data for spell effects etc. There is really nothing to read by opening it.
Closed Thread