Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Orc

Default Aqua Goblins in Butcher

Did the guards ignore these mobs in classic originally? They do now. Makes using the docks rather dangerous for lowbies.

It's interesting because otherwise the guards attack everything, including spiders, skells, you name it. LOL

Also, in general, it seems the aggro range of wandering trash in Butcher is huge, when it comes to low level players. I ran my halfling druid, back when he was 8 or so, from Misty to GFay and got thru the Commonlands fine. In Butcher it was non-stop aggro from dwarf skells and goblin whelps. One after another. I mean it's true to the original for these mobs to attack a level 8 if he blunders into one of them. But after each fight, I'd be getting fresh mobs attacking me and clearly they were "drawn" to me from a distance, almost as if the very act of fighting extended the aggro range of mobs wandering anywhere in the vicinity.

Makes for easy pullin if you're looking to hunt these but makes it difficult for adventurers passing through!

Nonetheless, it's all fun!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

-butcherblock guards will now assist versus aqua goblins.

Quote:
Also, in general, it seems the aggro range of wandering trash in Butcher is huge, when it comes to low level players.
checked the aggro distance.. and it is the same as all the other zones of the same level.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update.

-butcherblock guards will now assist versus aqua goblins.
Woot, that's great! Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
checked the aggro distance.. and it is the same as all the other zones of the same level.
Hmm... interesting.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

just a note...this morning(1\31) I tried my hand at a yellow conned aqua gob that was wandering out of the docks to the first guard post...the guard there ignored it. The fight was going badly so I ran to the guard...but he didnt help.

thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Orc

ysez pending update. probably not updated yet
Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Project Manager

moving to resolved.
Closed Thread