Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-11-2024, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

No.

I don't like joining guilds, and I'm not a fan of having to do that just to get my epic.

Sorry, if I can pay for my stuff with plat I farm or gain via trades, I will.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do many shamans on P99 bother doing 'the quest' at this point on P99?

Seems an easy get you want to gatekeep for.. reasons?
Yeah I did. I did the quest, made friends, got the epic, and it felt great. Imagine not feeling like you’re owed something and doing your best to achieve a goal one way or another.
Old 01-11-2024, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I did. I did the quest, made friends, got the epic, and it felt great. Imagine not feeling like you’re owed something and doing your best to achieve a goal one way or another.
Good for you.

I don't care.

I don't want to be subject to joining the ranks of other people I'm disinterested in interacting with.

I'm not keen on the boot licking and brown nosing that accompanies guild politics or performing the dance of quid pro quo to get a goal I want completed.

There should be alternate methods for doing it.

Sorry but a large number of people don't want to be forced to socialize with strangers they couldn't care less about, and are instead only interested in their own business and friends they want to deal with.

It's why there are GDPR raids now in WoW. Why put up with the BS guilds come with when you can just achieve your goals with none of the PR and other nonsense.

I don't want to join your discord, I don't want to be subjected to your voice and thoughts and other background noises you have going on. Keep that stuff contained to your own corner of the world, thanks.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 01-11-2024 at 09:33 AM..
Old 01-11-2024, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's great you wasted your time with a pointless quest but I don't think it's great to belittle others for not doing so.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

I don't like joining guilds, and I'm not a fan of having to do that just to get my epic.

Sorry, if I can pay for my stuff with plat I farm or gain via trades, I will.
Well fortunately for you I have good news, which is that guilds don't want you to join either
Old 01-11-2024, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be alternate methods for doing it.
There are alternate methods. Just like in real life, you can exchange money for goods and services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's great you wasted your time with a pointless quest but I don't think it's great to belittle others for not doing so.
Time spent making friends and having fun is never pointless. Time spent chasing after a classic EQ item without caring about developing social bonds sounds like a complete waste of time, on the other hand. In the end you have what, a stat stick that lets you root rot mobs better? And no friends? Lol.

Honestly the remarks about likeable behavior and making friends being characterized as 'quid pro quo' and 'brownnosing' say it all. Extremely cynical, antisocial people who see every relationship as purely transactional. It's a shame that modern video game design tries to appeal to your sort of person instead of just pushing you out on an ice floe to float away.
Last edited by fortior; 01-11-2024 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-11-2024, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Time spent making friends and having fun is never pointless. Time spent chasing after a classic EQ item without caring about developing social bonds sounds like a complete waste of time, on the other hand. In the end you have what, a stat stick that lets you root rot mobs better? And no friends? Lol.

Honestly the remarks about likeable behavior and making friends being characterized as 'quid pro quo' and 'brownnosing' say it all. Extremely cynical, antisocial people who see every relationship as purely transactional. It's a shame that modern video game design tries to appeal to your sort of person instead of just pushing you out on an ice floe to float away.
The Tookery of your sleight of hand is impressive.

Nevermind.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP's attitude is lame

But so is that of many of the white knights here as well

Regularly see shamen druids and bards on the OoT AC list. Many MQ items are bottlenecked by greed and don't fool your self into thinking you are doing the server a service by your platlust
If people didn't mq jboots I would have to camp that stupid clops myself for the shitter alt im going to quit in 2 weeks anyway.
Sounds terrible
Old 01-11-2024, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

filed under mad bad sad
Old 01-11-2024, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There are alternate methods. Just like in real life, you can exchange money for goods and services.

I mean I guess everyone has their own ways they enjoy the game, but I generally agree with you that in a game like EQ sort of being on your own is kinda pointless. hence why I occasionally raid and don't care about loot at all, just fun to shoot the shit with people and have a good time as a big group.