Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2022, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that "adfontesmedia.com" is unbiased and reliable, but that matt walsh's show isn't?

Here's a source btw, completely nuking the idea that this is a uniquely american problem. Again, you have to so drastically distort and cherry pick stats to make that case it becomes completely absurd. I've now provided an actual scientific paper; I look forward to your flailing about why it's totally bad and megawrong.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3289010
I'm gonna read this whole thing tonight

It is pretty funny to have you complain about "unbiased and reliable" sources in the post where you show us a source, as asked, from a guy who is known as "The Gun Crowd's Guru". I smell a "arrive at a conclusion then go looking for sources to corroborate" scenario. Hope I'm wrong!

Anyways, that doesn't mean the data is wrong, so I'm not gonna throw it out based on your hypocrisy. But it's about five [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you miss the sign? check your autism at the door!
That is necessary and proper. I agree.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say their messianic figure lost one little election and they tell you that it's time for Civil War 2.
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ One side says the other's insurrecting.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ That same side tries to impeach on grounds that that the president is a KGB agent and was elected under false pretenses and an illegal operation to put a Russian into the highest office of the American democracy.

Potato ♩

Potato ♪

The left is as smart as a potato. ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Lets call the whole American experiment thing off. ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 05-26-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna read this whole thing tonight

It is pretty funny to have you complain about "unbiased and reliable" sources in the post where you show us a source, as asked, from a guy who is known as "The Gun Crowd's Guru". I smell a "arrive at a conclusion then go looking for sources to corroborate" scenario. Hope I'm wrong!

Anyways, that doesn't mean the data is wrong, so I'm not gonna throw it out based on your hypocrisy. But it's about five [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is necessary and proper. I agree.
They come for your life, a gun is just a tool. Law abiding means you have done something so out-of-bounds that you are going to lose that right, because you are going six feet under.. that is usually how it works. We all make jokes, boast, have a good time, brag etc but the difference is when push comes to shove.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-26-2022 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-26-2022, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought felons get it stripped too? And whackos.

Where does the 2nd say anything about a sound mind and sober countenance?
Don't forget to sanitize.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget to sanitize.
Don’t forget to bring a towel
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also Matt Walsh is widely considered a white supremacist which doesn’t help anything in this country other than the small dick energy of the GOP.
Considered by whom? Who is this wide swath of people determining who is a white supremacist? Show me where he says white people are the superior race.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-26-2022, 05:53 PM
Banned

I’ve said before “mental health” is meant for people that are honest and voluntary to get help about their problems

Someone who intends to do a mass killing is not going to be honest about it with mental health professionals because they know we have a duty to warn and will try to prevent it. We don’t hook people up to polygraph machines, those machines aren’t even all that accurate to begin with. We don’t have human lie detector superpowers

The only shooters the mental health system can stop are people who are either too dumb (and you have to be REALLY dumb for this, because most mass shooters are already low IQ), or too psychotic to lie to a professional

So just like those proposing gun laws, what change to our mental health system could stop this shooter? Even if he was posting hateful and weird shit online, are we to lock him up in a facility that doesn’t exist anymore for the rest of his life? If we could do that for him, why don’t we do it for all the psychotic dangerous homeless people out there? The reason is because it’s. too. costly.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You yourself just cherry picked an article by a gun rights activist/economist and passed it off as unbiased.

I’m sure the organization I linked is biased. All media is biased to a degree it’s impossible not to be. That’s why we have the scientific method to create facts and findings. So your point is just another bad argument.

Also Matt Walsh is widely considered a white supremacist which doesn’t help anything in this country other than the small dick energy of the GOP.
Hahahaha how did I know!

I literally link a scientific paper and you guys go "pfff well thats a scientific paper by A BIASED scientist!! Let me tell you about the scientific method!". You didn't dispute a single thing the abstract said nor did you read any of the full 34 pages.

See? This is why I hate digging up god damn stats for you dishonest jerks. Stop asking for evidence that you clearly don't actually want.