Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

lol no one really cares about your challenge. how could posting that we want a pvp server annoy anyone? if they dont want to read a thread they can just not click it
Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

i love hearing people cry about pvp imbalance.

just some fun facts for you guys, Everquest was not intended to be a solo players game, be it through PvP or PvE. EQ was intended to be a game of interacting, cooperating, and working with players to defeat either mobs or other players.

i mean, you guys realize that the classes arent balanced for PvE either, right? i mean, if Druids can solo to 60 with ease, and Rogues cant solo past 30. so EQ PvP is sooooooooo bad because of class imbalance, then how is EQ PvE any better based on that argument?

now in PvE when you assemble groups and work together, it allows each class to shine, and really hit that max potential.. well same thing is true in pvp, when you do group pvp or guild v guild battles, etc, every player/class has a role to play, and so each class becomes significant.

also, some people might not want to play on ezmode, what i mean is that for more of a challenge (u may wanna look that word up) a player might select a character that they know is not a crusher destroyer in solo pvp, which allows them extra satisfaction after curb stomping some kids that were crying about imbalance.

/rant off
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

This thread has been made before.

I think it comes down to the developers not wanting to offer up the p99 code for somebody else to work on it, and the fact that they are currently busy working on p99 and are in fact volunteers who don't work at a playerbases every beck and call.

Frankly, the p99 developers should do whatever they want concerning this, and currently are. There obviously is not enough support for such a server or it would already exist (see: project 1999). Your best bet would probably be finding somebody who decided they wanted to make this happen and actually doing it. I don't think begging the staff of a different server to do it for you, right now, is the best way to go about reaching your goals!

P.S. Dangling money in front of them to try to get your way makes you seem extra silly as well. Especially for a "few hundred dollars".

Cliffnotes:
1. You're doing it wrong
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Mcbard: I am aware that the developers will do whatever they want (Stating the Obvious for 200). One person offering a few hundred bucks to play on an server that could be put together in a day is "extra silly"? Right.

The purpose of this thread is to gather support, so the idea doesn't slip through the cracks and lose traction entirely. And offer some additional incentive - "dangling money", as you say, but we could offer gratitude as well.

You say there isn't enough support, but I think there is. VZTZ, as flawed as it was, hit 330 concurrent online. It won't ever match the P1999 blue population, but I would bet that it will beat any other server on the list currently and see 250+ on regularly.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

I support this thread

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi Mcbard. wanna know why all the R99 kids flocked to this board and started harassing your staff for no good reason what so ever?

all posts taken from http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?...r-all-the-fish!'

and thats why everyone came here to your superb forums and began harassing your GMs.

now before anyone goes all full retard, i'm not saying these words mean anything in regards to a future server, i'm just posting the words that brought the the pvp crowd to these forums.

<3
Spoken from the saint himself.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

I'd pay a monthly subscription to play on a p1999ish pvp server.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol no one really cares about your challenge. how could posting that we want a pvp server annoy anyone? if they dont want to read a thread they can just not click it
Forum mods need to go through everything posted to make sure there is nothing violating their contract with the host, making sure it's in the right forum and whatever else. This takes up people's time. These people are also server guides/GMs/etc. As we're all well aware, Uthgaard is one of those people. He does multiple jobs here from moderating the forums to developing. The more of these threads that are posted, the more time he has to take out to go over them, meaning if there's a deadline for something, someone else may end up having to do a little extra to compensate, etc etc ending up snowballing back to Rogean having to do extra work, taking away from his time trying to work out a PvP server.

Also haven't seen hide nor hair from Nilbog in a while, and if he hasn't been around because he's still dealing with tornado aftermath that's a lot of extra work for other people until he gets back.

No on cares about my challenge to shut up about it for a week because (most of) you scrubs have no self control.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoken from the saint himself.
Rogean:
Quote:
Voidd will continue to run the show here, I am providing hosting until we can come to a better plan for the future of the server. Most of you know that Kunark is about to release on Project 1999, and thats where my focus is right now. After that is released and stable, we will assess how to proceed with improving this server.
Keegan:
Quote:
... really? As if you don't get enough donations already, you're going to post on my goodbye thread and poach my players for money whom I have never asked to donate a single thing? That's pretty ballsy, dude. Thanks for running the login server and all, but ... seriously???
The donations thing was deleted by Keegan because apparently he's an ass that has a 'me me me all about me' mentality. If he didn't want Rogean commenting on things having to do with the PvP server he shouldn't have name dropped him in that thread, and should have made a separate one.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd pay a monthly subscription to play on a p1999ish pvp server.
I support this post. Although that would probably be illegal

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Closed Thread