Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours

I keep hearing how this may or may not be happening, and that Null/Secrets are trying to communicate with Rogean as if it's like getting a private audience with Obama.

I am playing on Secrets' VZTZ atm, which is currently the only option available to those of us who like our classic Everquest served with a side of PvP.

I haven't played on P1999 (though I would consider it if the /guildwar function is implemented), but my understanding is that: it has easily the best code/database/etc, faithfully reproduces classic EQ, and makes the publically-available stock EQEmu source look like a pile of shit.

We already have developers who seem more than willing to help out with whatever is involved in converting that to a red server (Null, Secrets, Vile). We have a GM ready to go who is highly regarded by nearly everyone who ever played on VZTZ (Sirken).

In other words: the pieces are all there, waiting for you guys to put them together and give the former Zek players a permanent home.

The server population of a red P1999 server would never touch the blue P1999 of course, but there are more than enough players to support it.

My initial VZTZ thread on the old Tallon Zek messageboard (which is still active)
http://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index.php?topic=25975.0
had over 20,000 views. There is plenty of interest in a server like this, especially one free of bugs and of the highest quality.

If none of this appeals to the current P1999 staff/devs, I'll make this final pitch: money. It can buy happiness - contrary to what you may have heard. If this server ever sees light of day, I'll gladly donate several hundred to your paypal account. And I'm sure others would too.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

first

also, how long till harrison joins the convo to continue his "acks" smear campaign on the vztz/pvp playerbase?

GO!
Last edited by Nyrod; 07-28-2011 at 04:04 AM..
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned

pvp is shit in eq
Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Banned

I rarely do this... but I agree with Searyx.

I dont understand why this has not been done, all the PvE components, updates, patches, and timelines are already done years ago by P99. All that is req is ruleset (none, because its the most fair and easiest to manage), and what type of PvP (FFA, even tho I prefer teams).

You dont even really need much of a GM staff for this server. THere will be zero camp disputes etc if there are NO rules... zero petitions to answer about training, or who ninja'd prod spawn from who.

Literally, all the work for this has been done... Rogean just needs to let Secrets or Sirken turn the damn thing on.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

PC =/= NPC

there always has been and probably will be on red99 balancing issues to work out with PVP

wait, forget it im too tired right now to explain why you cant just "turn it on"

if only it was that easy...
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 AM
Banned

It saddens me that this has not yet happened.

I just want me a good box to call home.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont even really need much of a GM staff for this server. THere will be zero camp disputes etc if there are NO rules... zero petitions to answer about training, or who ninja'd prod spawn from who
I dunno, I'd think having enough staff to ban hackers and develop ways to prevent hacking would take more effort (and more heavy hitters in the technology/programming area) than a PvE server...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Incoming bluebie rage and dumbass remarks.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

and dumbass tags.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

red sucks, pvp is lame, training isn't pvp.

Bluebie rage over, Please make red99 already so we can get rid of all these pvp jackasses flooding out our forums

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread