Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Players 2 boxing from different Ip's!!!!!!!!!

I was grouped with two players the other day, and I could tell from their actions in group it was just a two boxing player! A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip and told me it was different, but he admitted there was no doubt they were two boxing. Once we started questioning the player he and his partner casually planned on visiting EC out of the blue.

I forgot the names of the players and didn't know whether I should have petitioned them or what *cause nobody likes to be a nark* but it did kind of upset me that people are beating the system (I've been reading forum posts on what two boxing does to other players). Are they able to get caught in any way, or is it up to players to report them?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

If you petition you can get someone like a Gm to come watch their behavior and investigate. Other then that, try frapsing or recording them and use that to help.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Kobold

I'd say your friend was doing something he's not supposed to if he was able to detect whether or not they have different ip's, unless he's gm status.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was grouped with two players the other day, and I could tell from their actions in group it was just a two boxing player! A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip and told me it was different, but he admitted there was no doubt they were two boxing. Once we started questioning the player he and his partner casually planned on visiting EC out of the blue.

I forgot the names of the players and didn't know whether I should have petitioned them or what *cause nobody likes to be a nark* but it did kind of upset me that people are beating the system (I've been reading forum posts on what two boxing does to other players). Are they able to get caught in any way, or is it up to players to report them?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

someone can figure someones ip adress out easily, its ummm sorta like hacking.....where or not the person decides to do it or not ...=P

anyways, yea fraps is a big thing that will help, i know ive caught quite a few in the last month, the number one thing usally, and i say usally so dont take it out of context, people that box are rude, id say over 2/3
s of boxers, it depends, stick to them selves and are outright rude people, why group if yer gonna box? why cheat in front of someone? ive even noticed some people boxing with 3-4 chars too that have been caught do to me, if you do it, you will get caught!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Aviak

this thread is a retard fly trap
Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

PvP rants and flames post starts with "I grouped with two players the other day" ... sounds like a troll.

Confirmed with "A friend of mine who is much more computer savvy than myself was able to detect their Ip" lol
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

See sig for inquiries about the OP.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Bad troll is bad.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

this thread makes me giggle for numerous reasons.

...but... i'll say that you don't have to have the same ip to box [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also....you will be caught [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]