Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2022, 06:55 AM
Gloomlord Gloomlord is offline
Sarnak

Gloomlord's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 269
Default I know it's not classic, but...

Why do we have to babysit warriors through the levelling process? Can't they get Provoke?

Everytime I group with a warrior, I groan with frustration, and then watch as both DPS and slowers proceed to pull of them and make a mess of things.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2022, 07:47 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,755
Default

Try root / team work.
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2022, 08:08 AM
PatChapp PatChapp is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 399
Default

Yeah root really solves all agro problems for group play, it's basically no mana.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-2022, 09:00 AM
Danth Danth is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do we have to babysit warriors through the levelling process?
You don't have to. You can fuss with root if you want, but you can also use someone else as tank. The local paladin, shadowknight, heck even ranger or monk or bard might be happy to do the job. Nothing wrong with using a warrior as a low-maintenance damage dealer instead. With the weapons available they usually do fair enough damage in such a role, especially if keeping to low health.

Danth
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2022, 09:33 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to. You can fuss with root if you want, but you can also use someone else as tank. The local paladin, shadowknight, heck even ranger or monk or bard might be happy to do the job. Nothing wrong with using a warrior as a low-maintenance damage dealer instead. With the weapons available they usually do fair enough damage in such a role, especially if keeping to low health.

Danth
Exactly. In the low levels (1-30 or so) a Warrior is going to do at least as much DPS as a charmed pet with fairly cheap weapons and a haste item.

30-39 Warriors are still doing great damage since mobs are balanced to be weaker from levels 1-39.

40+ Warriors can start generating agro better because they can start procing easy to get agro weapons like https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostbringer at 40 and https://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Warhammer at 46. Also https://wiki.project1999.com/Short_Sword_of_the_Ykesha at 37.

As the others have said, root is always an option, and gets better in the higher levels since mobs are going to take a little longer to die.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-19-2022 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2022, 12:35 PM
Arkophat Arkophat is offline
Skeleton


Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 18
Default

At beginning of green root was heavily used, flash of light too actually, shaman or cleric could use it for less mana, at low level mobs didn't last long enough for it to wear off anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2022, 01:45 PM
PlsNoBan PlsNoBan is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. In the low levels (1-30 or so) a Warrior is going to do at least as much DPS as a charmed pet with fairly cheap weapons and a haste item.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
1: Mage is a better group DPS class than Shaman
2: Enchanters solo better than Warriors

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2022, 02:35 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol he really left the other thread to come here and just start making the same arguments again. This is hilarious
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2022, 04:50 PM
Troxx Troxx is offline
Planar Protector

Troxx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. In the low levels (1-30 or so) a Warrior is going to do at least as much DPS as a charmed pet with fairly cheap weapons and a haste item.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Again with this lol?

Without involving charmed mobs in the discussion (lol), yes a twinked warrior will put out perfectly adequate dps in a standard group (both low medium-high levels). It won’t be knock your socks off great mind you, but totally sufficient. At higher levels warriors will only put out decent to good dps with strong gear.
__________________
60 War Bard Shm Dru Pal Mag Nec Mnk // 59 Clr
Last edited by Troxx; 09-21-2022 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2022, 05:03 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again with this lol?

Without involving charmed mobs in the discussion (lol), yes a twinked warrior will put out perfectly adequate dps in a standard group (both low medium-high levels). It won’t be knock your socks off great mind you, but totally sufficient. At higher levels warriors will only put out decent to good dps with strong gear.
You haven't disproven the data, and I have a level 24 Warrior and 30 Enchanter. I am really not sure why you are questioning the data, you have nothing to counter it.

A Warrior is outputting good DPS from levels 1-30 at least with Wurmslayer + Fist of Zek and Silver Chitin Hand Wraps. Better weapons would obviously do even better.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.