Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-20-2022, 09:05 PM
Orc

Revert almost all non-classic changes. DPS race raid targets.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I would support raid instancing on P99. Not for regular dungeons so certain things like Kael would still get contested but for things like the planes and ToV whatever just instance it. The whole Zerg and clickie meta nowadays is so unclassic anyway that why not just shove the big groups of man children into their own respective instances and call it a day.

I could imagine one benefit being maybe the staff is more engaged on other things because they’re not spending all their free time dealing with whiney raid petitions.
Agreed. I feel bad for the staff who has to deal with all of that mess.

I'd also be in support of having a more accessible endgame. Instances would be great. If P99 is supposed to be a museum, then why can't it be a museum we're allowed to actually enter?

I just really hate the cutthroat competitive attitude that seems required if you just want to see some raids and maybe earn a piece of cool loot that can't be simply bought in the EC tunnel.

I know nothing's going to change anytime soon, I just wish there was a chance to succeed at the game without having to kiss up to certain guilds.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Or at the very least give more DKP for showing up to contest and eliminate bonuses for FTEs and kills. Unless you're in the top guild, harder for new raiders to amass lots of DKP to catch up with the people who are at the top because half the DKP in an encounter comes if you actually engage and kill, which is hit or miss given the current meta
Old 09-22-2022, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or at the very least give more DKP for showing up to contest and eliminate bonuses for FTEs and kills. Unless you're in the top guild, harder for new raiders to amass lots of DKP to catch up with the people who are at the top because half the DKP in an encounter comes if you actually engage and kill, which is hit or miss given the current meta
Yes promote participation trophies and give even less incentive for the playmakers, good idea you fucking cuck.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes promote participation trophies and give even less incentive for the playmakers, good idea you fucking cuck.
Why do you care? Not like you're raiding with DKP anymore
Old 09-23-2022, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
At this point I feel like it would be impossible to get anything now. Everyone in every guild probably has too much "DKP" to compete with as a brand new raider.

In this case, I wish there was some kind of participation trophy.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point I feel like it would be impossible to get anything now. Everyone in every guild probably has too much "DKP" to compete with as a brand new raider.

DKP bloat / inflation is a real thing.

We should be nearing the end of the inevitable guild cycle. People get comfortable at the top, complacency sets in, then comes frustration (you are here)....slap a meta change on top and everything falls apart.

When they reform, get in early, raid as much as you can, and scoop up your most prized items on the cheap.

This is the way.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DKP bloat / inflation is a real thing.

We should be nearing the end of the inevitable guild cycle. People get comfortable at the top, complacency sets in, then comes frustration (you are here)....slap a meta change on top and everything falls apart.

When they reform, get in early, raid as much as you can, and scoop up your most prized items on the cheap.

This is the way.
Agreed, getting in on a new reformed guild is a great way to get gear if you can raid a decent amount.

DKP bloat often doesn't effect a lot of items that go for cheap. They still go for cheap. Those are the items a casual is looking for. DKP bloat can effect the mid tier items that costs a few hundred DKP, but that is typically out of reach for casuals.

DKP bloat mostly effects the items you couldn't get anyway as a casual, like Vulak loot. The secret about DKP bloat is most people with thousands of DKP are saving the vast majority of it to dump on a super rare item like Tunare/Vulak loot. You will easily see someone dump 3000 DKP on a Vulak Robe, for example.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I mean I guess to be fair it depends on the guild's loot policy. I heard Kittens may be implementing some sort of policy requiring full DKP bids on certain tier loot...or something like that, I don't have all the details. That could be a good way to cut down on DKP bloat.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Also, just to play devil's advocate:

So yes, these long term members have lots of dkp. Why should you, as a new raider, be entitled to items over the veterans? They have put in far more time. Be an active raider, let the vets burn some of their points on stuff, and soon you'll be there bidding too.

Keep in mind DKP is a representation of 2 things: how much time/effort one has put in to raiding, and how good they are at getting on DKP event logs. Its the one glaring weakness of modern Discord-Bot-Run DKP systems...extremely easy to cheese / get your participation points for doing nothing but being in the zone when the logs are taken.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-23-2022 at 12:01 PM..