Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-23-2022, 01:21 AM
PlsNoBan PlsNoBan is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean ok, I know you can give the charmed pet a torch or w/e and haste it, but honestly that never really appealed to me for leveling for a couple reasons:

1. I don’t like dying
2. You have to give up 50% exp every kill. I’d rather break it and kill both, or if the target came our way ahead than that’s the new pet
3. Even all tricked out and a higher level, these guys seem to be only able to kill 3ish mobs before they are too low health, unless you want to be berzerking buffing them over and over which gets mana intensive. You can break charm and mez/blur them but that feels kinda awkward, kinda slow (waiting for their health to chunk back up)

I’m sure at near max level there’s some really underconned monster pets you can set up though, but that’s probably more for a fun factor or farming goal than exp
Like I said absolutely nothing wrong with not hasting or weaponizing if you're soloing and doing the break and kill method over and over. In this scenario though you're purposely not doing as much damage as you could be doing in favor of efficiency (and you're killing 2 mobs at a time this way). Your class is capable of as much/more damage than even those incredibly twinked monks. It just may not be the most efficient to do while soloing. Find a cleric friend to duo with then give your pets haste + torch + muzzle of mardu and enjoy absolutely demolishing everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
1: Mage is a better group DPS class than Shaman
2: Enchanters solo better than Warriors

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-23-2022, 01:23 AM
unsunghero unsunghero is offline
Planar Protector

unsunghero's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said absolutely nothing wrong with not hasting or weaponizing if you're soloing and doing the break and kill method over and over. In this scenario though you're purposely not doing as much damage as you could be doing in favor of efficiency (and you're killing 2 mobs at a time this way). Your class is capable of as much/more damage than even those incredibly twinked monks. It just may not be the most efficient to do while soloing. Find a cleric friend to duo with then give your pets haste + torch + muzzle of mardu and enjoy absolutely demolishing everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol k ya that does sound kinda fun. Need to find some friends someday
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-23-2022, 06:29 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen so many twinked monks (I assume twinked) as I was leveling, that it made the monk class seem like the most broken in the game

I’d be thinking I was OP soloing stuff in Sol B on enc, then some monk would come in who was 5 levels lower than me and be wrecking stuff doing fast hits of like 120 damage, killing much faster than me since I was relying on a charmed mob that’s whiffing like crazy miss miss miss miss miss “wow this shit is boring why can’t they hit each other”, meanwhile the monk has killed like 3 mobs at 5 levels lower than me

Only now in around the mid-50’s have charmed mobs been able to match the twinked monk’s damage, but I bet they still aren’t swinging as fast or hitting as often without buffs
Couple of things here:

1) Don't sweat the twink monks. That is precisely what they are designed to do. Take comfort in once you're both 60 you'll have access to all the most lucrative camps in the game as a solo enc.

2) Keep an eye out for clerics or necros LFG. 2 totally different duo setups...for pure XP I think necro is better if you guys can hit up an undead charm spot. Honestly necro/enc is the fastest leveling duo in the entire game (outside of bard swarm crap).


Until 60 and farming, as a solo enc you really don't need to torch / haste pets. Its more efficient to let your charm pet get low, finish it for full xp w/ a nuke, grab a freshie, and keep going. This is especially true if you're undergeared and less experienced as a torched pet is far less forgiving when the ole RNG comes to bite you in the ass.

@unsung, you on blue on green?
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-23-2022, 09:19 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a lot of writing to say exactly what I said, which is that twinkled warriors might be somewhat viable. Like you said overleveled weapons that arenít realistic that someone of that level should actually have (oh and as DSM says, a haste item too lololol)
What they "should have" isn't really relevant on a 10 year old server stuck on the same timeline.

A lot of people twink their characters, and Silver Chitin Hand Wraps + Staff of Battle is like 700pp for both on Blue lol.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-23-2022, 10:40 AM
Danth Danth is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a lot of writing to say exactly what I said, which is that twinkled warriors might be somewhat viable. Like you said overleveled weapons that arenít realistic that someone of that level should actually have
Well, yeah, I'll try to post at times even when in broad agreement because it helps counteract the natural tendency towards forum negativity, disagreement being a frequent driving force of forum discussions.

As for how realistic it is for someone to have out-leveled equipment, depends on where you're at. P1999, today, Green or Blue both, it's plenty realistic and probably nearer than not to standard. Fresh server, new Green, they're going to have those 6/26 axes if even anything that high or mighty.

Danth
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-23-2022, 11:02 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, yeah, I'll try to post at times even when in broad agreement because it helps counteract the natural tendency towards forum negativity, disagreement being a frequent driving force of forum discussions.

As for how realistic it is for someone to have out-leveled equipment, depends on where you're at. P1999, today, Green or Blue both, it's plenty realistic and probably nearer than not to standard. Fresh server, new Green, they're going to have those 6/26 axes if even anything that high or mighty.

Danth
Exactly. OP didn't specify the timeline, and it sounds like he is referring to the current time. On a fresh server Enchanters will obviously do better than a Warrior, because good ratio weapons and haste items are not easy to come by in Vanilla. But in that situation you put up with helping Warriors level because you need them when Kunark drops.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-23-2022, 11:17 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What they "should have" isn't really relevant on a 10 year old server stuck on the same timeline.

A lot of people twink their characters, and Silver Chitin Hand Wraps + Staff of Battle is like 700pp for both on Blue lol.
Oh wow so you're doing your moving the goalposts thing again. Your original position across threads has been "Warriors are better DPS than charmed mobs"

Now when someone points out how your argument is flawed and your parses are cherry-picked useless data, you move the goalposts to "a twinked out warrior is better DPS than charmed mobs"

Well boys, let's settle in for the long haul here because we all know what's about to happen. We're going to get a 300 page thread with 1k posts from DSM where he shifts his argument 100 times. Getting the popcorn ready again.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-23-2022, 11:18 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow so you're doing your moving the goalposts thing again. Your original position across threads has been "Warriors are better DPS than charmed mobs"

Now when someone points out how your argument is flawed and your parses are cherry-picked useless data, you move the goalposts to "a twinked out warrior is better DPS than charmed mobs"

Well boys, let's settle in for the long haul here because we all know what's about to happen. We're going to get a 300 page thread with 1k posts from DSM where he shifts his argument 100 times. Getting the popcorn ready again.
You just keep trolling. Please stop. I always said "with decent weapons and a haste item". I also explicitly said "levels 1-30". I never made the argument that Warriors can out-DPS an Enchanter pet naked, or during the higher levels. Honestly I have no idea why you make this stuff up. You have reading comprehension issues, or you are trolling. It's not helping your arguments either way.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-23-2022 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-23-2022, 11:22 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3,282
Default

TLDR for most of your posts on these forums: "Whenever someone says I am wrong they are trolling"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-23-2022, 11:24 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR for most of your posts on these forums: "Whenever someone says I am wrong they are trolling"
No. You are trolling when you make ridiculous strawmen, like the claim that I said "Warriors DPS better than Charmed Enchanter Pets no matter what".

I have always said "Warriors can do at least as much DPS as a Charmed Enchanter Pet with decent weapons and a haste item, levels 1-30". I showed parses to back this up. You can check my post history lol. You won't find this strawman you keep attacking.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.