Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-19-2023, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me personally, the answer is no. Urns sell for 200k+ (or a lot more before URN), and I can't earn plat that fast.

But, more importantly, the hundred-plus hours weren't play time, they were 90% afk time. I mostly just worked during that time, going back to the game every 20 min when the timer went off.
Yeah it can be a great system for people who have that flexibility and want to put their time into the camp instead of farming plat. Glad it is working out for people!

But for the record, when URN started, they were being MQd for ~160-170k. Still a lot of plat for sure, but they hadn't been 200k for a while, let alone "a lot more" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it can be a great system for people who have that flexibility and want to put their time into the camp instead of farming plat. Glad it is working out for people!

But for the record, when URN started, they were being MQd for ~160-170k. Still a lot of plat for sure, but they hadn't been 200k for a while, let alone "a lot more" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was 200 when I bought my last from you all, so wasn't that long ago. I do agree farming plat is easier than putting in 120 hours at a camp tho. At least for me.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me personally, the answer is no. Urns sell for 200k+ (or a lot more before URN), and I can't earn plat that fast.

But, more importantly, the hundred-plus hours weren't play time, they were 90% afk time. I mostly just worked during that time, going back to the game every 20 min when the timer went off.

Oh well that’s a huge plot twist and definitely worth it!
Old 06-19-2023, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's tough to get 200k+ in 130 hours for most people. You need to be doing something like Chardok/Siren's Grotto farming on an Enchanter, living at Fungi King, or have a static farm crew doing things like epic MQs. That's basically 1.5kpp farmed per hour, and there are no spots I can think of where you can grind that much money raw. You could get that with power leveling if you could find enough clients. Otherwise you need to get items and spend the time to sell them. You could raid as well if your guild allows you to sell things, that could be faster in theory, but luck is involved as other people want to do the same thing, and may outbid you.
True. Do you guys ever clear any of the other spawns while you wait or too risky?
Old 06-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was 200 when I bought my last from you all, so wasn't that long ago. I do agree farming plat is easier than putting in 120 hours at a camp tho. At least for me.
For sure, they were definitely up that high early 2022 (before my time at DS). But the price was steadily going down throughout 2022 into 2023. Still would need to hit 1.2k/hour farming though (if URNs are costing 130 hours), and for some people, that might feel less doable than URN, so it's a great option for them.

For people like you who can farm that (or more) efficiently at other camps, it's nice when buying an MQ is an option, imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2023, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Yeah we've had a bit of a bad stretch of RNG lately which ramps up the numbers fast. With the 1/3 drop chance it can be pretty annoying.

And the end of the day - I created this group to shut down a group of folks who were not letting even their own guildmates join to Urn an Urn, but were happy to sell it at whatever price they set... elitist clubs like that rub me the wrong way... and are even against guild rules in many cases. Sadly they're not enforced like they should be so I created this community to address the greed. Super happy we have been able to take the golden goose back from the 1% and allow everyone an opportunity to get a SWC for their character.

Camp still sucks though... Wish CSR would make her an 8hr spawn, non-MQable, always drops urn, can't sell loot rights. Join URN or save up and buy - but at least now you have a choice! I urge our members to sell for around 150k (the lowest price in years/ever), sadly I can't MAKE people sell it at a set rate.

Happy URNing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah we've had a bit of a bad stretch of RNG lately which ramps up the numbers fast. With the 1/3 drop chance it can be pretty annoying.

And the end of the day - I created this group to shut down a group of folks who were not letting even their own guildmates join to Urn an Urn, but were happy to sell it at whatever price they set... elitist clubs like that rub me the wrong way... and are even against guild rules in many cases. Sadly they're not enforced like they should be so I created this community to address the greed. Super happy we have been able to take the golden goose back from the 1% and allow everyone an opportunity to get a SWC for their character.

Camp still sucks though... Wish CSR would make her an 8hr spawn, non-MQable, always drops urn, can't sell loot rights. Join URN or save up and buy - but at least now you have a choice! I urge our members to sell for around 150k (the lowest price in years/ever), sadly I can't MAKE people sell it at a set rate.

Happy URNing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its definitely not the lowest price ever

Enji — 02/03/2020 2:52 PM
Yeah I'll sell another urn
Fasttimes — 02/03/2020 2:52 PM
price?
Old 06-19-2023, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's tough to get 200k+ in 130 hours for most people. You need to be doing something like Chardok/Siren's Grotto farming on an Enchanter, living at Fungi King, or have a static farm crew doing things like epic MQs. That's basically 1.5kpp farmed per hour, and there are no spots I can think of where you can grind that much money raw. You could get that with power leveling if you could find enough clients. Otherwise you need to get items and spend the time to sell them. You could raid as well if your guild allows you to sell things, that could be faster in theory, but luck is involved as other people want to do the same thing, and may outbid you.
100%! And that's just the people that have 60s who are good for farming plat camps. What about the average warrior, rogue, etc who cant reasonably farm up a good amount solo. With URN they can come chill and finish their quest without breaking their bank...hell even make a few friends along the way.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its definitely not the lowest price ever

Yeah I'll sell another urn
Fasttimes — 02/03/2020 2:52 PM
price?
Didnt know that! That's a damn great price! Sadly, as even you experienced, wasn't very common.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt know that! That's a damn great price! Sadly, as even you experienced, wasn't very common.
Enji always sold low, rip those days