Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-26-2023, 06:12 AM
Sarnak

Default SS mob resist ninja nerf ?

Hello all,

I've been farming SS for a long time, and yesterday I started noticing a lot more resists, charm breaks & very early or almost instant Fetter/ Immobilize breaks that I have never had in the past.

I know the RNG hates me, nothing new here, but I've never had so many root breaking hardly after a couple ticks (on enchanter & necro), tashed green con cubes with a couple -MR rings/ Droga book breaking 4 times within about 10 minutes (with 255CHA)

Is it just me or was there a nerf on the zone ?
Old 06-26-2023, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

there was an early quake on saturday. not sure if quake spawned changes anything from regular spawned. if there is a difference i doubt its intentional but may be just the nature of the current simulated respawn work around.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:00 AM
Aviak

I am only lvl40 atm... but recognized more (crit)calmresists, root- / charm-breaks as well. Thought it was just me being drunk. :P

CHA is at 247 buffed...
Old 06-26-2023, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

It’s never an unannounced change. It’s always RNG.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

I am convinced that there is code in P99 that ensures you get X% of events over time. So if you're cruising, you will get a streak of bad stuff for awhile. Idk...very tinfoil hat of me I guess, but I feel like I've seen this streakiness so much that I can't explain it on a solely RNG basis.
Old 06-26-2023, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Crit fails, early root/charm breaks can be isolated bad rolls but if charm and root breaks at the same time fd fails 100% guaranteed ,)
Old 06-26-2023, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

A combination of innate aversion to loss / gamblers fallacy / not taking into account all the times you had incredible “luck” will make folks imagine all sorts of things.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A combination of innate aversion to loss / gamblers fallacy / not taking into account all the times you had incredible “luck” will make folks imagine all sorts of things.
might be true...
Old 06-27-2023, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I definitely take into account the times I had incredible luck. That's kind that point of my conspiracy theory. Like, it's incredibly lucky to have a long running streak of like an hour or more with barely any breaks. And then there will be thirty minutes of nonstop breaks. It's like it's coded that things have to happen a certain percentage of the time in X span of hours. But again I'm sure that's not true, just feels like it is lol
Old 06-27-2023, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hahahaha,

Nothing of the sort I'm afraid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the third shawl I camped. I will soon reach 3k dead Fe`Dhars, wurms & cubes but no shawl yet.

Oh, I've had 3 Wurm Scale Capes to drop though, should I consider myself lucky ?