Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

I agree with the OP, selling loot rights to a random mob is pretty uncool
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Making money off no-drop lore items is a whangus move, regardless of what anyone says.

If you really need the money then there's plenty of other, more productive, and easier ways to make plat, doing it on a no-drop lore item that you can't use isn't one of them. It's just someone who was there doing something else, got lucky and decided they'd try to make a quick buck. Sitting in SK waiting for quill to pop and sell his corpse off is not cool. In fact if I'm in SK I'm I wouldn't hesitate to /shout the loc.

I do think planar is a bit different, though. Not quite as easy as quill is it?! :P
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Well ideally i'd just ask one of my friends if they needed it, but fact of the matter is there are people willing to pay, and if the choice is between /shouting the loc for anyone to come loot it and having someone come and pay you to loot it.

As for planar... well alot of stuff rots up there, you'd have to pay something (in PoHate) for the port up stone.

The problem with loot rights is once it starts, the object you're selling the rights to becomes marketable, as in what is usually a no drop item that if you don't need you have no business camping, soon as people are paying 5k for it it's not an item, it's 5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Whilst I do disapprove of it, at the same time i can see why it happens. For every person who decries it, there'll be someone handing over money for it.

It's just one of those things /shrug.

I enchant things...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Kobold

Tell ya what for some of us its a blessing. For example "the most terrible guild that ever existed" IB went out their way to help me out and trade some resist gems for some blighted I needed. It helped both of us and they could not have been cooler about it.
Some ppl like me have some time to farm a bit but not be in the premier guild on the server. I for one would be thankful if a guild offered me the right to purchase something like the inny necro book....because thats the only way I will ever get it.
As far as random mobs...if the seller comes through and delivers the item...whats the problem? ...did he beat you to the mob or something?

Oh well just my 2 cents.

Lyyfeleech
Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Aviak

As I understand it, the NO-TRADE attribute is put there to prevent (well, in theory; as is the actual case, hinder) the selling of the item. Still, you're marketing a valid commodity, and the buyer and seller walk away happy. While it does seem to violate the spirit of what NO-TRADE tries to accomplish, and I'm not really comfortable with it, I very much understand it.

tl;dr: Pretty much exactly what Omnimorph said.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Why do so many people want to regulate what other people wish to do or not do voluntarily? This is a completely voluntary transaction. Nobody is being forced into it. It is win/win. If it weren't win/win, one party or the other wouldn't participate. Get it? In the case of Quill: if you are the magician, would you rather pay for looting rights to the cloak, or not ever even hear he spawned?

Learn2 Free Market

And for the record, I have seen Quillmane up twice on track. I usually see if anyone in my guild wants to come get it, and if not, I'll do a /w magician and /t one of them. Note that if you are anon or role, you will not show up in a /w magician. I do it that way because I CHOOSE to. If I instead chose to try to sell off the looting rights, that would be MY CHOICE also.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that would be MY CHOICE also.
Yeah! Pro-lifers be damned! It's his body dammit!

wait.. what were we talking about again? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Occasionally there's an auction about someone wanting this and that much for Pegasus Cloak at SK, or /shout about the same. Some occasions seen similiar crap on other places (a group in Lguk telling ppl they'd sell loot rights for DE mask if it drops, forgot the details on that one... was before the thing got nerfed).

...Which bugs the crap out of me. If you're parading around SK, spot Quill, kill it, cloak drops, you got one already, can't you simply /shout or /ooc that it's rotting here at loc this and that, first come first serve? The whole "WTS loot rights" on something that has 4min chance for whomever to get there is imo idiotic. I wouldn't feel particularly sorry if some pack of lowbies parked next to the corpse and forced you to lock down the corpse until it rotted.

Now I don't have a problem with you selling the loot rights if you're going to camp it for someone. Like, a ranger promises that for 2k he'll keep spawning/killing the flighty mammal until it drops the cloak, and then the customer can loot it. That's OK. That's fine. But if you're otw to splitpaw and find the mob roaming and kill it, then the whole opportunistic "WTS Loot rights" is BS. Pisses me off.

[/rant]
Sounds like someone is butt hurt about missing some loot. Who gives a shit if people sell loot rights, Its like selling ports as a druid not all class's can port so they have to resort to other sources of income. They killed it they have the right do do whatever the hell they want with THERE loot.

Good day.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Aviak

It's not enough that the government wants to have its hands in everything I do and regulate my real life. I want my online life regulated by a virtual police force to punish people from doing what they want.

After all, isn't there a point when you have made enough profits? You should be farming things and giving them to lvl 1 noobs or following groups in Unrest to buff, heal, rez and pull for them.

Also, we should implement a death tax. Not only do you lose xp when you die but you lose 50% of your wealth off the top to the virtual police force.

Leche~
Old 05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooantipostoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They killed it they have the right do do whatever the hell they want with THERE loot.

Good day.
If you're going to emphasize a word... might want to use the correct one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Their their buddy... /comfort

I enchant things...
Closed Thread