Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-12-2022, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't see any actual evidence of what makes society "declining" in the last twenty years. Pretend for a moment that I blind, or that I just emerged from a coma.

What makes society worse now than it was in 2002? What are the indicators?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Banned

That is completely subjective. I don't care for that song much either but I absolutely support their rights to make that music video.

Anything more tangible or quantifiable?
Old 08-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Hard work isn't valued anymore" gimme a break. Every aging generation ever has said that about their forthcoming replacement, and that ignores incredible amounts of labor in places other than America
And it's been true the last few decades. Or do you think the young people today are eager to get off their asses and away from their keyboards to work? I see people like 25 years old in my office that have their parents making their appointments for them, still living at home completely unaware of what being an adult is about.

Society is declining.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:41 AM
Banned

I'm glad to see more young people realizing that so much of modern work is meaningless bullshit. Those problems work themselves out over time and always have. I have faith in the zoomers on the whole. I am hopeful they will be the ones who actually get things like universal healthcare and a civilian conservation corps started in America, as well as a gradual disarmament of our military and police.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm glad to see more young people realizing that so much of modern work is meaningless bullshit. Those problems work themselves out over time and always have. I have faith in the zoomers on the whole. I am hopeful they will be the ones who actually get things like universal healthcare and a civilian conservation corps started in America, as well as a gradual disarmament of our military and police.
Lol are you an unwashed neckbeard too or something?
Old 08-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Banned

Nope. I am married and shave every day. I don't think I could grow a beard if I lived in the woods for six months.

I'm just not a tedious reactionary. I also believe society is coming unraveled, but it's not due to sexy music videos and social issues. It is due to capitalism running unchecked into the information age.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That is completely subjective. I don't care for that song much either but I absolutely support their rights to make that music video.

Anything more tangible or quantifiable?
Im at the age of my life where im like, these kids are dressing like satan, because they listen to the satan music! Not the other way around!

Which is a total contradiction to my entire lifes ethos.

Now where did I put that anarchy symbol...
Old 08-12-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I can't get mad at a music video about that wet ass pussy.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 08-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nope. I am married and shave every day. I don't think I could grow a beard if I lived in the woods for six months.

I'm just not a tedious reactionary. I also believe society is coming unraveled, but it's not due to sexy music videos and social issues. It is due to capitalism running unchecked into the information age.
They're not the cause, they're a symptom that something's wrong.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're not the cause, they're a symptom that something's wrong.
What's wrong? What's wrong with society that they are a symptom of? Why is that video an example?