Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya missing a catch on a combat stick, if not a baton, is broken fingers for sure
Hah, no kidding. Does well to remember that while we nominally speak the same language, we're not all from the same regions or had the same upbringings and don't always use words in quite the same way. I say a dude caught a bullet in the face, I certainly don't mean to imply he shrugged it off and got back up.

Now let's see if Trex can back off a bit, admit his mistake, say "sorry" and we can all laugh off a misunderstanding and move on, or if he'll play pretend prison, refuse to show weakness and double down.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, no kidding. Does well to remember that while we nominally speak the same language, we're not all from the same regions or had the same upbringings and don't always use words in quite the same way. I say a dude caught a bullet in the face, I certainly don't mean to imply he shrugged it off and got back up.

Now let's see if Trex can back off a bit, admit his mistake, say "sorry" and we can all laugh off a misunderstanding and move on, or if he'll play pretend prison, refuse to show weakness and double down.
im not picking apart your vernacular, I am assaulting your claim of "used to be a cop"

it smells like bullshit. you talk like any average police procedural viewer.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

You have an odd collection of some insight married to pointless aggression. As you guess, I wasn't in that field for ALL that long, after academy, a bit less than a year of actual work. What happened was I found someone who was doing something he shouldn't have been, crossed the "thin blue line" and promptly found myself un-employable in that particular field. I've never had occasion to feel I made a mistake though--I'd make the same choice. So, no, I'm not a lifer, and nor did I ever claim to be one.

I do expect an apology for the stolen valor crap. That's a serious accusation, dead wrong, and unwarranted. I expect better from you.

Danth
Old 06-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Banned

Oh and when I meant killing someone using a knife, I don’t mean someone who had a baton or combat stick because then I don’t know the strat as well

It’s meant on how to kill an unarmed person with a knife. Obviously that is an insanely stacked fight to begin with, but the method of pulling them with their shirt into your thrusts is the one where all the “how to stop a knife attack” strats break down and fall apart, since most rely on either lateral movement away to the non-knife side, which can’t happen when they are being held by their shirt and pulled into the knife, or trapping the knife wrist which is extremely hard to do at that angle
Old 06-05-2022, 02:14 PM
Banned

That's why they always get naked in dune.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened was I found someone who was doing something he shouldn't have been, crossed the "thin blue line" and promptly found myself un-employable in that particular field.
If true, Im sorry about that.

cops very often get the short end of the stick, and then they turn around and get shit on by the public, and then they get clicky among their own ranks with an us vs. them mentality, and then they go to hard on the public, and the cycle perpetuates itself.

If you did serve with distinction, i do apologize, if you didnt, this is null and void.

you could always go work for some small town PD or a Demorat city PD, dirty cops (not saying you) always pull that kinda shit. They get fired in houston, then go work in austin etc etc.
Last edited by Trexller; 06-05-2022 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Danth is a pretty straight shooter IMO
Old 06-05-2022, 02:42 PM
Banned

Standing behind Danth and Jibartik.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Trex, good enough. We're cool. Appreciate it.

I didn't get "fired," just wasn't locked in a full-time position yet (reality of small town PD's as you probably know, most the guys are formally part-time, especially the newer hires) and shock of shocks couldn't get hours afterward. I didn't push it too hard after that, I'm not stupid and I didn't want to make a bigger problem out of it, nosed around a little, found it going noplace, so I turned direction and did other things with my life instead. Neither can I say I worked with any real "distinction"....wasn't working that job long enough for that, either. Just your usual nondescript work, traffic stops, crashes, lot of drunks, some domestics, etc. I'm not a scumbag but I ain't claiming to be a hero, either, just some dude who was starting out in life, thought that make a pretty good career since the idea of a desk job makes me want to throw up, and life ended up having other ideas.

Danth
Old 06-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i really dont have to look very hard for idiots to 'pwn' online.
This is some quality cringe, unhinged internet tough guy.