Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you so upset that when they do attack they are similar? I know their role isn't that
I am not upset at all. I also agree that Paladin and SK DPS is the same if they only autoattack with the same weapon. I never denied that.

You are simply creating a strawman scenario that removes every DPS element an SK has other than autoattack to try and claim Paladin and SK DPS are the same.

It's simply not true. In all Solo/Group content, an SK will do more damage, which is OP's question. In a raid, SKs and Paladins are not there to do damage, so who cares which class does more damage in that scenario? It's like caring about if Clerics or Mages do more DPS in a raid.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not upset at all. I also agree that Paladin and SK dps is the same if they only autoattack. I never denied that.

You are simply creating a strawman scenario that removes every DPS element an SK has other than autoattack to try and claim Paladin and SK DPS are the same.

It's simply not true. In all Solo/Group content, an SK will do more damage. In a raid, SKs and Paladins are not there to do damage, so who cares which class does more damage in that scenario? It's like caring about if Clerics or Mages do more DPS in a raid.
No one's creating anything, you went on a tagent because you wanted to make a point. When they attack on raids they are similar. You made up all the extra arguments no one cares about.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one's creating anything, you went on a tagent because you wanted to make a point. When they attack on raids they are similar. You made up all the extra arguments no one cares about.
Didn't go on a tangent at all.

Quote:
Sk and pally both get tuna sword it's same shit, sure pet helps on group content but no one cares about group content, hope that helps.
You literally said this two pages ago lol.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't go on a tangent at all.

You literally said this two pages ago lol.
Enjoy making things out of nothing, this is why yall don't raid anymore.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Enjoy making things out of nothing, this is why yall don't raid anymore.
Then you agree that SKs do more DPS than Paladins in Solo/Group content, and that Raid DPS doesn't matter for SKs and Paladins? That would be the only way I would be "making things out of nothing".
Old 06-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Is 127 ds the maximum ds possible for both classes?
Old 06-06-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is 127 ds the maximum ds possible for both classes?
I am not an expert on how DS's stack. Either it is the same maximum for both classes, or SK's can get 12 more, depending on how Banshee Aura stacks. As far as I know Paladins don't have any built-in damage shields.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

That's ultimately why I'm wondering because if SK can have more ds than paladin then SK is the clear winner for tank dps.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's ultimately why I'm wondering because if SK can have more ds than paladin then SK is the clear winner for tank dps.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Buff_Lines if the wiki is correct it wouldn't stack with other superior DS's.

SK pet alone is doing more DPS than banshee aura anyway. Last time I did DS calculations for solo/group content, a 33 DS (Cadeau of Flame) is doing about 17 DPS per mob over 144 seconds of swings (unlsowed). That means banshee aura is doing about 6-7 DPS. SK pet is typically outputting around 12 DPS with just Strengthen Death. If a solo/group content mob is hitting enough times for Banshee Aura to do 12+ DPS, you are taking a lot more damage, and should probably slow the mob. If you can't slow the mob, you may need a Warrior to tank with disc instead.

As I said before, raid DPS isn't really relevant, since that is not the purpose of SKs/Paladins in raids. I think everybody here is in agreement that Paladin and SK DPS are basically the same in raids, assuming you have the same level, skill levels, and weapon. This is simply due to the fact that you can't use pets in raids, and all of your offensive spells will basically get resisted. Paladins and Shadowknights are simply autoattacking and racking up DS damage.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-06-2023 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-06-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

ngl the fear kiting in seb was solid

im in the middle of a pretty hectic week and im on a flight to san diego on business saturday morning

i really want to take a crack at beating your clear time, though...just may be a while