Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Setting far clip plane to minimum seems to have a small effect, but the hitches still happen. I got a similar small improvement when I tried kiting in Neriak - probably because the clipping in that zone is artificially limited since it's like, an evil forest.

I messed with the max FPS slider, the only effect I got from that was making things much worse when I dipped all the way into the 30's...

My brother built this machine, and I think he may have skimped on the HDD. I'm wondering if an SSD will improve texture fetching... or something... It does seem like I get a hitch when another player cruises into my field of vision.

I also get the rare BSOD on this machine. I don't think it's overclocked, but I could be wrong. Maybe I just need to start changing out drivers, starting with video.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had a problem with fraction-of-a-second hiccups that was driving me nuts, no amount of settings would make cure it. I have 16GB of RAM and an i7, but on a laptop where the disk I/O isn't the greatest. I wound up downloading a RAM disk utility and running EQ from a RAM drive, haven't had a single hesitation since.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Skeleton

I have only started up again but AOE kiting is a lot easier if you have a mouse with buttons on the side. I have a G600 and I bound my aoe dot to the 2 button and selos to the 3 button. It lets me just hold my up and right key without having to contort my hand to hit the 2 and 3 button on my keyboard. I am not sure if this was brought up in the large thread but it helps make it a lot easier to manage!
Closed Thread