Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

Default Solo Monk Locations

Hey guys,
Been leveling a monk lately, mostly solo up to my current level of 23. I did like 12 in FoB, then 12-20 in Kurns, then 20-23 in lake of ill omen, then decided to hit MM to do some grouping, but EXP wasn't fantastic, and my schedule is usually super late night when there are literally 0 players in MM.

So I'm wondering where I could go to solo. I find that so far with my current gear, which isn't great(no fungi), that killing mobs a couple levels lower is most efficient for me and in some cases was able to just continually pull only relying on Mend to keep hp up.

What are some good solo monk locations? Not just at level 23, but even higher levels, as I'll prob be soloing quite a bit.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

I've posted this before, but it might help you out.

Here's what I did with my monk. He had some decent gear and a Wu's Quivering from about lvl 10. So, comparable gear could likely do the same thing solo.

1-9: Field of Bone - slowly move towards the big skeleton in the middle and even the burnyai (sp?) at the end closer to Kurn's.
12-19: Kurn's Tower - Solo random DB's and Whites, stay away from yellows unless you are buffed. Move to upper floors as needed. Might want to stay away from basement without a group due to the casters.
20-29: Warlsiks Wood giant fort just outside of cab west. Great for xp (much better than LOIO imo). Also, you can make some decent cash as a monk there cause a vendor is close.
29-33: Warslik Wood Skulking Brutes just outside of Dalnir entrance. Amazing xp and they go down super easy.
33-38/39: Frontier Mountain giant fort.
38/39-40?: Overthere. Lots of ppl in The Overthere. Easy to find a group. Good xp and a chance at a Sarnak Earring of Station from the sarnaks there. And you can build up some faction with overthere for the hammer if you have some weight reduc bags. (oh yeah, and you can solo stuff pretty easily there).
40-50: CoM. Nice monk gear, always groups. Easy pulls at front areas, and can likely solo front area i think. Outside zone so jboots will work if you got em. (I'm currently still soloing somethings in CoM at 54(just got 55 last night). But the xp is definitely slowing down. I think this has as much to do with hell levels and 53+ being horrible in general as it does with CoM xp mob levels. I still get dark blues and light blues at the moat area.

50+ Karnor's/Dreadlands( Ravishing Drolvargs)/ Burning Woods?? SolB

Might be a better route. But that will pretty much keep you in Kunark the whole time and pretty close to cab if you need to bank. However, I would say that duoing with a shaman or cleric 50+ is about the best xp.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for info, will give the forest giants a try.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

For 27-35 you could do hobbies soloing HH Keep, great loot here
Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

you could just stay in Unrest til like 40.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Closed Thread