Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2023, 05:13 PM
Kobold

How would character names be effected? The Green server announcement only says you may not name a character on green the same name as a character already on Blue, unless it’s on the same account. Does this work in the opposite direction? Who has rights to a name in case of a merger? What about character slots if a merge happens? As in having characters possibly auto deleted or auto renamed, or forced to select which to delete or rename? If there are characters on same account on both blue and green? Can these questions make an Ogre’s head explode?

P.S. won’t matter cause servers won’t ever merge
Old 01-18-2023, 09:42 PM
Orc

ASAP
Old 01-19-2023, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would character names be effected? The Green server announcement only says you may not name a character on green the same name as a character already on Blue, unless it’s on the same account. Does this work in the opposite direction? Who has rights to a name in case of a merger? What about character slots if a merge happens? As in having characters possibly auto deleted or auto renamed, or forced to select which to delete or rename? If there are characters on same account on both blue and green? Can these questions make an Ogre’s head explode?

P.S. won’t matter cause servers won’t ever merge
The only way to have a duplicate name on green is if you made it on the same account that has the name on blue. I.e., it’s your blue account with your blue char you can reuse that name on green if you use the same login. Otherwise you cannot duplicate the name. When the merge occurs they said your duplicate name from green will have an X added to the end of it.

They also gave advance warning before green launched saying that when they merged if your account between blue and green had more than 8 chars then you wouldn’t be able to access the ones at the bottom of the list without deleting others. So if you had 10 chars for example the bottom two would not be deleted but wouldn’t be selectable until you deleted two of the other 8. They advised people to create separate accounts if they could for this reason. If someone didn’t do that then that’s a big mistake on their part for not heeding the warning from the staff.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'm starting to delete and consolodate characters and names to have 8 in total after a merger so I'm gonna look silly if it don't happen
Old 01-19-2023, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm starting to delete and consolodate characters and names to have 8 in total after a merger so I'm gonna look silly if it don't happen
P99 has its own sense of time. I don't know if or when a merge will happen, but should it, I hope players are given a reasonable advance warning--months, at least. Wouldn't want to see that type of thing suddenly dumped into the community's lap with little or no notice.

Danth
Old 01-19-2023, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

I'm bored with Green and Blue. Need fresh server!
Old 01-19-2023, 01:32 PM
Kobold

What would a merged Blue/Green(yellow?) server be like? I get that many of you want to hit the reset button and do it all over again, but for those that just want to enjoy the characters they have and built and haven’t speed/run their way through Norrath, what kinda of things might we anticipate? I’m sure this opens for the thread up for jokes, but maybe some insight would be good to have.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would a merged Blue/Green(yellow?) server be like? I get that many of you want to hit the reset button and do it all over again, but for those that just want to enjoy the characters they have and built and haven’t speed/run their way through Norrath, what kinda of things might we anticipate? I’m sure this opens for the thread up for jokes, but maybe some insight would be good to have.
Wouldn't really be any different from blue now. Green resets to classic and goes through the expansions, existing green characters are moved to blue but otherwise nothing on blue really changes. Blue stays locked in Velious era perpetually.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:41 PM
Kobold

I don’t quite mean the functionality, but the server vibe, zone crowds, economy, guilds, etc..
Old 01-19-2023, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I don’t quite mean the functionality, but the server vibe, zone crowds, economy, guilds, etc..
I doubt much would change. Most people on green probably want to stay on green and so wouldn't migrate to blue even if their character does.