Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-24-2022, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

-28,600 in red is bad, I think.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you suggesting CCP population relocation programs? See page 15.
I’m suggesting america was never affordable. The frontier is where the poor used to go because there’s never been an entitlement system around housing that worked. Our culture is “go west young man.” It’s incumbent upon the individual to move

Why do you think I was in Houston for most of my adult life? Affordable and jobs. It’s flooded 3x in 10 years and 110 in the summer with mariachi music blasting 24/7

You think I wanted to live here? My kids got a better life because I chose it. Today, some people will have to choose Cheyenne, wyoming or rapid city, SD even if they’d rather not. That’s the US, you aren’t entitled to a home where you were born. We chose capitalism and we’re better for it. The alternative is still Iran, China, Cuba, and Russia (huge shit holes that together can’t subdue borscht factory Ukraine)
Old 09-24-2022, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m suggesting america was never affordable.
This is flat out wrong.

You could buy a 3 bedroom home in 1970 with a view for 5 thousand dollars. Thats 10% of the median salary.

In 1960 it was 6% the median salary.

Today the median salary in the same middle class income homes you need 30% the median salary.

80% of the west coast wasnt even developed in the 1970s.

The lifestyle of america, isnt sustainable.

Dont give me this shit that what we're going through now is anything like any generation has ever gone through in american history.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-24-2022 at 09:07 PM..
Old 09-24-2022, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

If fiat currency was honest:

My Build Back Better agenda is fiscally responsible — the fiscally responsible way to reduce costs for families.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2022, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is flat out wrong.

You could buy a 3 bedroom home in 1970 with a view for 5 thousand dollars. Thats 10% of the median salary.

In 1960 it was 6% the median salary.

Today the median salary in the same middle class income homes you need 30% the median salary.

80% of the west coast wasnt even developed in the 1970s.

The lifestyle of america, isnt sustainable.

Dont give me this shit that what we're going through now is anything like any generation has ever gone through in american history.
This country was founded on taking a continent from the people already living here. It’s not like it was, it’s way more moral and ethical

We have insane people wearing mega tits and teaching shop class. That is admittedly a fringe but very real problem that we’re supposed to pretend in the name of tolerance that strong and obvious mental illness is permissible, but yeah man, a home with a view? That’s still affordable in Sheridan wyoming or rapid city, SD. And to be honest, I’d rather live in either of those places than Philly or NYC. But let’s say you want a city. Lincoln, Nebraska is affordable and so is Columbus, Ohio

I don’t pretend it’s the same. But I also won’t pretend we’ve ever had this level of social pathology. People used to find meaning in church, family, and work. Now everyone think they’re supposed to be a Bitcoin millionaire. That isn’t life, and even if it were, it would be so unfulfilling that you’d be putting on tits to go teach shop class and pretending that the emotion you feel is happiness when it’s just a profound emptiness being filled temporarily by the attention you receive for your own vapid and obviously hollow lifestyle

Be careful what you wish for. Take off the tits and go west young man. Find the opportunities that still exist. Which isn’t to say that we don’t have corruption and graft.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:30 PM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 599F2C26-5E13-42CB-8359-839D09F06BAF.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

super stonk bitcoin thread https://www.freightwaves.com/news/le...-wage-increase

Time to invest in a strike, around Christmas?

Quote:
The questions and answers will be available to rail workers by the time they vote on the agreement. That 21-day voting period is expected in mid- to late October, and the results are expected by late November, according to a tweet from SMART Union.

As FreightWaves previously reported, it’s not definite that workers will vote for this contract — meaning a rail strike could still occur. Charles Stallworth, a train conductor, said last week that he did not fully support the tentative agreement.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-25-2022 at 12:42 AM..
Old 09-25-2022, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Probably time the rail workers and truckers got a better deal anyway

I imagine those are shitty and hard jobs that are extremely important and not very rewarding. If I were a trucker and someone robbed me as I was loading or unloading, I would tell them to take everything. I’d have an MP5 and bulletproof vest on though, And I’d go down opening up a clip yelling Deus Vult
Old 09-25-2022, 06:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m suggesting america was never affordable. The frontier is where the poor used to go because there’s never been an entitlement system around housing that worked. Our culture is “go west young man.” It’s incumbent upon the individual to move

Why do you think I was in Houston for most of my adult life? Affordable and jobs. It’s flooded 3x in 10 years and 110 in the summer with mariachi music blasting 24/7

You think I wanted to live here? My kids got a better life because I chose it. Today, some people will have to choose Cheyenne, wyoming or rapid city, SD even if they’d rather not. That’s the US, you aren’t entitled to a home where you were born. We chose capitalism and we’re better for it. The alternative is still Iran, China, Cuba, and Russia (huge shit holes that together can’t subdue borscht factory Ukraine)
I think there was a golden age between 1946 - 1980.

We were living high off the victory of WW2. There weren't a ton of women in the workforce (half the workforce, more money could be had from workers). I also think the threat from Communism was so high that there was focus on growing the middle class, for propaganda purposes.

I remember my grandpa telling me he could buy off his house (or car?) within 1 year on a single salary, all while comfortably providing for a family of four.

It was possible for mom to stay home. It was possible to own a home, with a couple of cars, and live comfortably.

That WAS possible. But I don't think its possible anymore. And I think we need to come to terms with that.

But hey, maybe we could fight in another world war and start the whole thing over again...

*stares at Russia and Ukraine*
Old 09-25-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Probably time the rail workers and truckers got a better deal anyway

I imagine those are shitty and hard jobs that are extremely important and not very rewarding. If I were a trucker and someone robbed me as I was loading or unloading, I would tell them to take everything. I’d have an MP5 and bulletproof vest on though, And I’d go down opening up a clip yelling Deus Vult
Railroad CEOs Were Paid Over $200 Million As Workers Suffered
Rail execs defend themselves by claiming their skyrocketing profits do not reflect “any contributions by labor.”

Biden's deal got them 1 day a year to go see the doctor, they have to give 30 days notice to use, and can only use it on tues wed thurs lol (they think they will abuse it to take 1 3 day weekend a year LOL)

Hopefully christmas is canceled this year. None in the USA deserve anything but coal (good thing the libs got rid of all the nuke power plants so we can rely on it for power... sigh)