Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-24-2023, 04:52 PM
Orc

Default Thank you!

p99 Green,

What a blast its been playing here. I played Live like most of us back in the day, played up til OoW before stepping away from EQ for years.

Saw ads for P99 Green and was slightly intrigued. One random day I decided to roll my first p99 toon on Green server - and have been having a blast ever since.

After getting my first toon to raid level, i was enamored with the raid scene. (Pre-Draft, specifically)... The idea of FTE races, RTE teams, and using all the nifty tricks of this game in order to compete for targets between guilds was so much fun for me.

Playing a monk on contested raids in EQ is one of the most unique MMO experiences I can think of. Being a part of a medium guild who was trying to break into the Top 2's Trak/Golem agreement was some of the most fun I've ever had in a game.

I even - on occasion- enjoyed the "downsides" of this type of play. The /ooc battles, the trains, the leapfrogging, RnF, etc... Because it's just a game, and shouldn't be taken too seriously anyway.

I've been able to be part of most raiding guilds on the server, and truly enjoyed my time in each. Special shout out to <The Drift> for being the most fun group of people to spend time in game with. #1 guild on Green in my book.

For now, I've had my fill. But if there is a new server, with Pre-Draft rules, I will be back, and I will be playing a monk again, and I will win targets.

Thanks to the staff for wading through piles of dogshit to help provide a fun, nostalgic experience for the majority of players --- And thanks to the majority of players for doing the same.

See you on Green 2.0.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Bye Felicia.

Old 07-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Lol, I feel like this whole post is a disguised complaint about having to share raid mobs one week out of a month.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I feel like this whole post is a disguised complaint about having to share raid mobs one week out of a month.
Not at all. Enjoyed Draft raiding for different reasons, mainly the ability to schedule a raid. Only reason I included that tidbit, is because the Pre-Draft raid experience is pretty unique to Pre-Draft p99 Servers. For me personally, It was the most fun I've had in the game.

This post is a legitimate Thank You to the players and staff here -- p99 is a really fun MMO experience, and it's because of the people who are collectively reliving a nostalgic feeling of a classic MMO.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all. Enjoyed Draft raiding for different reasons, mainly the ability to schedule a raid. Only reason I included that tidbit, is because the Pre-Draft raid experience is pretty unique to Pre-Draft p99 Servers. For me personally, It was the most fun I've had in the game.
Well I am curious then. The non-draft raiding goes on every other week of the month so why is having a draft something that would deter you from playing on another P99 server.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This post is a legitimate Thank You to the players and staff here -- p99 is a really fun MMO experience, and it's because of the people who are collectively reliving a nostalgic feeling of a classic MMO.
If you aren't complaining why don't you give out your gear and leave quietly then? Seems like passive aggressive gm bashing to me.
Old 07-24-2023, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I am curious then. The non-draft raiding goes on every other week of the month so why is having a draft something that would deter you from playing on another P99 server.
Because if the masses get any of their special pixels then the hundreds or thousands of hours spent staring at a wall and poopsocking become less "special", the illusion fades, and the sweaties subconsciously realize they're wasting their lives, hence why so many of them react so violently to the occasional draft.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

IMO I like the draft even if the guild doesn't get as many targets because at least I can more easily join some of the kills because they are scheduled. Quakes and natural spawns are tough with RL responsibilities lol