Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-25-2023, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

The Peacebringer should be a pretty big upgrade over Wu’s and it is worth buying if you can afford it. It’s droppable so use it until you can afford a better weapon. Just don’t overpay because it’s going to be a pain to resell when you are done with it.

At 47 grobb guards would be decent exp and plat. They drop 12pp sword every kill and can buy bandages in zone and bank with a little effort.
Old 02-28-2023, 09:39 PM
Kobold

What level is monk? Take a look at ratio of monk fists. If better ratio than trance stick, sell stick and mainhand KD's. KD > Trance mainhand always.

edit - oh, level 46.. Sell Trance stick now!!! Go KD Mainhand / Bare Fist offhand for dual wield setup.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 02-28-2023 at 09:44 PM..
Old 03-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

I can't imagine playing EQ in 2023 and 3k plat is a deal breaker to not get an IFS over a Peacebringer.

If you were on blue I'd ping my buddy just to log on and give you the damn plat.

6.0 wt is nothing to sneeze at. Also slower moar better.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't imagine playing EQ in 2023 and 3k plat is a deal breaker to not get an IFS over a Peacebringer.

If you were on blue I'd ping my buddy just to log on and give you the damn plat.

Yeh just farm paineel guards at 46. That was my first like oh shit im not broke anymore moment.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP is on Green, not Blue. On Blue I agree that Peacebringer in general isn't worth getting due to how cheap IFS is on Blue. On Green Peacebringer is 3k, and IFS is 10k. The difference is 7k. Still not a huge sum of money for a lot of players these days, but for OP it's obviously a lot of money. On Green there is less plat and I assume more competition for money spots too.

From my current play experience on my Monk, getting a 0.11 boost in ratio is going to improve survivability more than reducing 6.0 stones. Quivering Staff has a 0.82 ratio and Peacebringer has a 0.93 ratio. The AC loss just isn't that noticeable, at least when you are below 50. With OP's current armor setup, they can stay under the weight limit with Peacebringer if they want to.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-01-2023 at 11:03 AM..
Old 03-02-2023, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeh just farm paineel guards at 46. That was my first like oh shit im not broke anymore moment.
My monk is currently 47 and my other character is a 51 cleric. I'm not farming guards lol I just can't

Toxi:

Since green opened the most I've ever managed to get was 6k at one point, I had got a thick banded belt while camping guise on cleric, and the thick banded belt was a lucky roll to win the ONLY high value item I have ever obtained myself in a group across all of classic EQ, all of my years on Blue server, and the couple on green. I am not a very lucky player, I have not been able to farm money or items well. On blue I mained bard and wizard.

Maybe next season of green I'll open up with a shaman or enchanter like everyone else. I took the difficult road here it seems
Old 03-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My monk is currently 47 and my other character is a 51 cleric. I'm not farming guards lol I just can't

Toxi:

Since green opened the most I've ever managed to get was 6k at one point, I had got a thick banded belt while camping guise on cleric, and the thick banded belt was a lucky roll to win the ONLY high value item I have ever obtained myself in a group across all of classic EQ, all of my years on Blue server, and the couple on green. I am not a very lucky player, I have not been able to farm money or items well. On blue I mained bard and wizard.

Maybe next season of green I'll open up with a shaman or enchanter like everyone else. I took the difficult road here it seems
I'd set up shop in Sebilis on your cleric and try to get into groups and start looting gems and rolling for loot.

You could find yourself in a disco group (or just duo w/ an enc) and looting your own IFS.

Go back to your monk after getting a good chunk through 60 and twink the shit out of it.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-02-2023 at 04:01 PM..
Old 03-02-2023, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level is monk? Take a look at ratio of monk fists. If better ratio than trance stick, sell stick and mainhand KD's. KD > Trance mainhand always.

edit - oh, level 46.. Sell Trance stick now!!! Go KD Mainhand / Bare Fist offhand for dual wield setup.
What? Trance stick far exceeds knuckle duster DPS for the main hand. Are you not taking the main hand damage bonus into account?
Old 03-02-2023, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? Trance stick far exceeds knuckle duster DPS for the main hand. Are you not taking the main hand damage bonus into account?
Wu stick ratio is trash. If you do the primary formula utilizing the final damage bonus of 11 the knuckle dusters still win out. Might be a tie if you factor in some of the wu procs.

Either way better off going jade mace in primary and KD in OH.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wu stick ratio is trash. If you do the primary formula utilizing the final damage bonus of 11 the knuckle dusters still win out. Might be a tie if you factor in some of the wu procs.

Either way better off going jade mace in primary and KD in OH.
^^ This

Even with damage bonus, KD > Wu

Jade mace best option.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk