Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-23-2023, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad there's a few ideas out there, I just wasn't aware of everything. I still don't mind the ridiculously impossible optimistic suggestions here and there (yeah there is like absolutely 0 chance I'm going to be getting a sky belt on green) but I have a few things to shoot for
i wouldnt discount you getting a sky belt, its really not that uncommon both the 21% and the 41%. not quite as easy and pal/sk but still. Castle was decent on blue so im sure they do sky on green.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

The 21% drops off bosses and mini bosses. Some of these bosses can be triggered to respawn instantly. It has about 20 chances to drop per sky raid. Pretty likely to happen if not quite guaranteed. Most of the time no one else wants to loot it and it rots.

Find some guilds that go up at a time convenient to you and politely ask if you can piggy back - they’ll usually allow it as it isn’t terribly expensive to take 1 extra head.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-24-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

I ended up picking up an FBSS for now. Someone convinced me it would be easy to sell back so treat it like invest
Old 02-24-2023, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended up picking up an FBSS for now. Someone convinced me it would be easy to sell back so treat it like invest
Better option then gloves imo, still would do sky
Old 02-24-2023, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
IMO you should use SCHW + Peacebringer with a budget of 5k. You should be able to swing that if the Green prices are accurate, and you will get a bigger DPS increase based on your current weapons.

FBSS is like double the price of SCHW, and you aren't benefiting from it if you aren't planning on getting epic any time soon.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

People that recommend peacebringers to monks drive me nuts.

Shits too heavy.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People that recommend peacebringers to monks drive me nuts.

Shits too heavy.
I've leveled to 46 so far without any problems with AC penalty. I am usually sitting around 40-50 stones because I am picking up loot to sell. Killing something 10% faster is also saving you HP, because you are getting hit less[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Peacebringer's weight is only an issue if you are wearing heavier armor like Black Pantherskin, which OP is not. Peacebringer + SCHW + Cresent armor is 13 stone. Bump that up to 14 stone with jewelry and other slots. You can stay under easily if you simply don't have bags in every slot. But honestly I would just have bags and pick stuff up. Being able to make money while XPing is probably saving you more time in the long run, as opposed to XPing without making any money, and then having to farm money as a separate task later on.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-24-2023 at 05:03 PM..
Old 02-24-2023, 07:08 PM
Aviak

That’s a really optimistic weight estimate, just the shurikens weight is 1 stone (range+ammo slot). But yeah, get a large soiled bag for permanent storage and harass a mage/shaman to summon loot bags for the gaming sessions.
My vote is for fbss and an IFS. Waist is a better slot for haste, more direct upgrades and won’t block hand slot if you ever get around to complete your epic. IFS is just better, weighs less, better damage bonus and marginally better ratio
Old 02-24-2023, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a really optimistic weight estimate, just the shurikens weight is 1 stone (range+ammo slot). But yeah, get a large soiled bag for permanent storage and harass a mage/shaman to summon loot bags for the gaming sessions.
My vote is for fbss and an IFS. Waist is a better slot for haste, more direct upgrades and won’t block hand slot if you ever get around to complete your epic. IFS is just better, weighs less, better damage bonus and marginally better ratio
I've done weight comparisons on my monk. You only need the shuriken in the range slot (not ammo), so it can be 0.5.

I agree IFS is better, but OP is on green. It's like 10k on green, OP can't afford it. IFS + FBSS is 13K, vs. 4-5k with SCHW and Peacebringer.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-24-2023 at 07:43 PM..
Old 02-24-2023, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

My weights pretty awesome I usually am at 9. I use an abu kar and a medicine bag and that's it. 0.1s go in medicine and heavies in abu.

But yeah I'm not rich given I mained a cleric to 51 and then this monk. Already have the FBSS now, spent 2800. I have a wus quivering but it's beaten by my trance/duster combo I think.

I could potentially do a peacebtinger still right now. Unsure if I want to yet, I'm more having trouble finding places to level now at 47.

IFS will be impossible to consider, I'll never be able to afford that ever.