Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-23-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I used until I upgraded to a Sea horse Belt.

The Sky belts are only 16% or 21% though. Unless you get the big daddy one which is 41%.

Monk loot is competitive though.

You might have the money to buy a Sea Horse Belt before you get a 41% belt tbh.
Competitive sky ? It rots for us or goes cheap to an alt. Maybe if he was in a 300 person guild I guess
Old 02-23-2023, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Competitive sky ? It rots for us or goes cheap to an alt. Maybe if he was in a 300 person guild I guess
I assume you're talking about the 21% haste belt? Would be surprised if the 41% haste belt components were cheap/rotting.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume you're talking about the 21% haste belt? Would be surprised if the 41% haste belt components were cheap/rotting.
No I mean the 41% one, we are smaller tho (eclipse) I'm sure there is something similar on green
Old 02-23-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

41% haste belt is no walk in the park to get. Especially since you can now mq those pieces. Go for fbss/Dragonborn and then go for seahorse/sky belt eventually. Keep gloves open for eventual epic.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I mean the 41% one, we are smaller tho (eclipse) I'm sure there is something similar on green
Ah you are on Blue. Yeah that would make a bit more sense on Blue. Since SCHW are still 1.5k on Green I am a bit more doubtful that is the case on Green. Could be wrong though, don't play there.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah you are on Blue. Yeah that would make a bit more sense on Blue. Since SCHW are still 1.5k on Green I am a bit more doubtful that is the case on Green. Could be wrong though, don't play there.
Even if not the 21% belt same as schw right? And def would rot
Old 02-23-2023, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Even if not the 21% belt same as schw right? And def would rot
Yeah 21% haste belt I would assume is still not hard to get on Green. Again, I am not trying to say it's a bad suggestion. It's a good way to save plat. But I have done quite a bit of sky in the past, and the belts for every class don't drop each week. So OP could be waiting weeks depending on luck/demand, and idk if he want's to wait that long. Sometimes you do get unlucky and 2 or 3 people want the same item in the same week. I have seen Child's Tear go for like 100 DKP randomly, even though it is usually like 10DKP or less. Not trying to say a 21% haste belt from sky would spike in DKP, but if you have to roll on it, that's a 50% chance or less of getting it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-23-2023 at 12:51 PM..
Old 02-23-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah 21% haste belt I would assume is still not hard to get on Green. I have done quite a bit of sky in the past, and the belts for every class don't drop each week. Again, I am not trying to say it's a bad suggestion. It's a good way to save plat. But OP could be waiting weeks depending on luck/demand, and idk if he want's to wait that long. Sometimes you do get unlucky and 2 or 3 people want the same item in the same week. I have seen Child's Tear go for like 100 DKP randomly, even though it is usually like 10DKP or less. Not trying to say a 21% haste belt from sky would spike in DKP, but if you have to roll on it, that's a 50% chance or less of getting it.
Unless he is in a kitten size guild there's gonna be no spike on a normally rotting sky belt
Old 02-23-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Unless he is in a kitten size guild there's gonna be no spike on a normally rotting sky belt
Maybe not. Again I don't play on Green, so I can't say for sure. I just want OP to be aware it is a possibility. You can get unlucky with drops or multiple people randomly wanting the item one week. And the sky raid may not be a good time for OP, depending on the guild they are in or decide to join.

SCHW + Peacebringer would work well in the short term, and Sky Belt can be a slightly longer term goal. If SCHW is still going for 1.5k on Green, I doubt he is going to get into a situation where he is going to lose a lot of money on re-selling it later.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe not. Again I don't play on Green, so I can't say for sure. I just want OP to be aware it is a possibility. You can get unlucky with drops or multiple people randomly wanting the item one week. And the sky raid may not be a good time for OP, depending on the guild they are in or decide to join.

SCHW + Peacebringer would work well in the short term, and Sky Belt can be a slightly longer term goal. If SCHW is still going for 1.5k on Green, I doubt he is going to get into a situation where he is going to lose a lot of money on re-selling it later.
You just can't change your opinion on something once you Say it. Sky belt is literally gonna rot less he just doesn't want to guild/raid at all. Any casual guild almost can do sky, like almost any.