Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-23-2022, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default At what point would Ragebringer move to offhand

I haven’t been able to find any real solid info on this, however I might just be missing it somewhere. At what ratio would a weapon become a primary weapon and force Ragebringer into offhand? My Rogue currently has Frosted Ice Spike (13/19) and I’m trying to determine if it’s better to wear that in my MH or continue to use Ragebringer in MH with spike in OH.

Is there anyone that’s done the actual math/testing on this?
Old 12-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Banned

I believe Backstab scales with weapon damage, so if you find something better with more than 15 Damage, like Mrylokar`s Dagger of Vengeance.

I think Backstab's delay is capped at 10 seconds, but don't quote me on that.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

As far as i know (not a Rogue expert), weapon damage is the main thing you are looking for. So realistically the only two weapons that are better would be the Tunare and Vulak daggers. They don't have higher damage, but they have a lower delay and great stats. I don't see any piercers that rogues can use that have higher than 15 damage.

Pretty sure Horn is Hsagra is still worse in main hand than epic, and that is 13/20. So i doubt the 13/19 is better.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-23-2022 at 07:28 PM..
Old 12-23-2022, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

The argument I hear for the 13/19 in main hand is the damage bonus on the faster weapon offsets the slightly lower backstab damage. But I can’t find any concrete info either way.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:43 PM
Banned

You could test both with a DPS parse of some sort.

The 13/19 might be better. I'm a simple man. I like to see big backstabs. I'm easily amused.

Although you might not notice much of a difference going down to 13 damage. (With backstabs)
Old 12-23-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you really want to maximize DPS you would have a 41% haste belt and an offhand weapon with a 0.6 ratio or better. Then you wouldn't need to keep Ragebringer equipped at all, and you just swap to ragebringer whenever you backstab. Its a lot of work though.

So something like Horn of Hsagra in offhand, Frosted Ice Spike in mainhand, and ragebringer on your cursor for whenever you backstab.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-23-2022 at 08:25 PM..
Old 12-23-2022, 09:05 PM
Banned

If you wanna swap, use Duxa UI. It's a lot easier to swap.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t been able to find any real solid info on this, however I might just be missing it somewhere. At what ratio would a weapon become a primary weapon and force Ragebringer into offhand? My Rogue currently has Frosted Ice Spike (13/19) and I’m trying to determine if it’s better to wear that in my MH or continue to use Ragebringer in MH with spike in OH.

Is there anyone that’s done the actual math/testing on this?
I think you're good to move it there. I use a flame etched short sword (12/17) main hand and parse really well. The only rogues that consistently out damage me in my guild are tunare or better equipped. I think anything better than a Horn of Hsagra is mainhand worthy. You're exchanging damage bonus for backstabs. It sorta equals out depending on mob AC.
Last edited by Cecily; 12-24-2022 at 03:48 AM..
Old 12-24-2022, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really want to maximize DPS you would have a 41% haste belt and an offhand weapon with a 0.6 ratio or better. Then you wouldn't need to keep Ragebringer equipped at all, and you just swap to ragebringer whenever you backstab. Its a lot of work though.

So something like Horn of Hsagra in offhand, Frosted Ice Spike in mainhand, and ragebringer on your cursor for whenever you backstab.
Rage gets left in offhand to add 40 atk to every swing, a considerable number of which are not backstabs.
Last edited by Cecily; 12-24-2022 at 03:48 AM..
Old 12-24-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rage gets left in offhand to add 40 atk to every swing, a considerable number of which are not backstabs.
Oh does the Ragebringer buff give ATK too? Didn't know that. That would be even more work to swap between hands. I'd be curious to know at what point a better ratio weapon would simply out perform the 40 ATK.