Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 10-18-2022, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard is it to suck on a flute?
Pretty hard, may as well say ya gotta slave away ya day.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard is it to suck on a flute?
I'm by no means an expert on sucking, but I'm fairly certain you're supposed to blow into a flute and/or any wind instrument.. it ain't called a vacuum instrument my banned dude.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:08 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm by no means an expert on sucking, but I'm fairly certain you're supposed to blow into a flute and/or any wind instrument.. it ain't called a vacuum instrument my banned dude.
That guy had 2011 posts in 47 days. He didn’t have time to experience the game because he was constantly on the forums.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nilbog.jpg
Old 10-24-2022, 05:58 AM
Aviak

A well played bard in a group role is always busy, and the bard kit makes it super fun. You can be pull+cc, just cc, support (mana regen, haste, slows, ds), or dps. You can help a group save mana by selective use of snare/fear, charm a caster, etc. Playing on a bard in a group is one of the most fun MMO experiences I have ever had. As noted earlier, a well played bard can also do some very crazy solo stuff - though the lack of any mem blur is the one thing lacking.

...but then you get to a raid setting and you are expected to sit in camp and play mana song. In fact you get yelled at by enchanters if you try to CC. The best case is you get put in a tank or dps group so you are actually expected to position and provide resists.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...but then you get to a raid setting and you are expected to sit in camp and play mana song.
are resists not a big deal in the p99 raid scene? haven't raided since ntov back in whatever hell year that was on eq live and I swear getting resist songs up was top priority back then.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are resists not a big deal in the p99 raid scene? haven't raided since ntov back in whatever hell year that was on eq live and I swear getting resist songs up was top priority back then.
Resists are top priority,usually one bard gets on cleric detail one in the tank group
Old 10-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that for real Nilbog?? What a legend.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard soloing harm merbs? No way. Not persible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyoBRnfFuY
That's great. I just ripped off this strategy to bard solo a cliff golem by charming Tourmaline and Corundium. It took 18 minutes, 3 gargoyles (one respawned), and about 2/3rds of my mana.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

More evidence that bards suck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6v_UvJBho

I think the case is closed.