Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-27-2022, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get an Imbued Fighters Staff and forget about the numbers.
I'd recommend this at 30.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Man but the dusters are so cooooool lookin!
Old 03-03-2022, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

how does staff of battle perform for OP's level, compared to wu stick + duster?
Old 03-05-2022, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does staff of battle perform for OP's level, compared to wu stick + duster?
2hb in general performs better once you lose the second damage cap at 20, and, if you're using a Staff of Battle or IFS, *even* better when you lose the final damage cap at 30. The reasoning here is that your dual wield skill/checks still aren't good enough to out-damage the crazy ratios on these 2hb weapons.

In a perfect world where you would never miss a dual wield check, twin KD's would be roughly equivalent to a 28/28 2hb. Wu Quivering is a 23/28 (All other 2hb mentioned are better so we can use WQ as baseline). So you'd have to succeed roughly 60% of your dual wield checks on the offhand weapon to match ratios. And you'd be surprised how many you miss even at mid-levels.

If you ONLY have twin Knuckle Dusters and a WQS, I'd say the KD's become better at maybe 40ish, just as a wild guess. If you have a Staff of Battle, IFS, or a T-Staff or RFS, they'll keep outperforming KD's.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Last edited by greenspectre; 03-05-2022 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-30-2022, 06:01 AM
Orc

At lvl 20 I would definitely get Wu's Quivering Staff. The damage output increase is very noticable compared to trance stick/knuckle duster. At 40 I picked up imbued fighters staff. I have a love/hate relationship with it. When its hitting good you will drain HP fast, when it's not it feels slower than hell.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Often overlooked is the reduced damage taken when using a slower 2 hander (fewer mob ripostes).

Ultimately, all that matters is the number of mobs you're able to kill in a given time period.
Old 08-02-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

To piggy back off the recommendation for 2h, after the 2h dmg bonus changes a long while back, IFS and Peacebringer will outdamage pretty much all groupable 1handers paired with epic fists.

Food for thought but at 55-60 after the changes I parsed the white damage on both IFS and tranq staff higher than epic fists and scepter of mastery. It used to be that damage bonus favored the epic fists … but at 60 that is no longer the case. Ratios on IFS and PB are so close to TStaff that they’re practically right about the same dps (minus the proc which is negligible dps and more of a stun side perk)

I made posts about it EONs ago in this forum in the weeks following the 2h dmg bonus changes.

I really only break out the epic/SoM combo when accidentally tanking aggro would be lethal (raid assists). Even then, monks can aggro dump periodically so easy with FD it probably isn’t necessary.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-02-2022 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-02-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To piggy back off the recommendation for 2h, after the 2h dmg bonus changes a long while back, IFS and Peacebringer will outdamage pretty much all groupable 1handers paired with epic fists.

Food for thought but at 55-60 after the changes I parsed the white damage on both IFS and tranq staff higher than epic fists and scepter of mastery. It used to be that damage bonus favored the epic fists … but at 60 that is no longer the case. Ratios on IFS and PB are so close to TStaff that they’re practically right about the same dps (minus the proc which is negligible dps and more of a stun side perk)

I made posts about it EONs ago in this forum in the weeks following the 2h dmg bonus changes.

I really only break out the epic/SoM combo when accidentally tanking aggro would be lethal (raid assists). Even then, monks can aggro dump periodically so easy with FD it probably isn’t necessary.
To piggy back the piggy back, no monk should have a Peacebringer when IFS is an option. Its just too heavy.

Its nice having Troxx back:

Old 08-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Lol
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-17-2022, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on your level. The faster ratio on Master Wu's Trance Stick doesn't really swing in your favor until your damage bonus is above 5, so Knuckle Dusters has better white DPS before level 43.

The proc on using Wu's mainhand will add about 2.8 DPS beginning at level 35 assuming a proc rate of 2 per minute.

35-40 is a little gray to me on which would be better, but before 35 it's the KD, and it's Wu's after 40 when considering the proc.

Offhand has no damage bonus and proc rate of 1 per minute, so use KD secondary over Wu's at all levels until level 58/59 depending on race and then bare fist would be better. If you have epic, bare fists are always better than either weapon in either slot after you can equip it at level 46.

Main Hand Ratio = (Dam + Bonus) / Delay
Damage Bonus = (Level - 25) / 3 round down

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, I think this is wrong info. The correct way to do it would be (2*DAM + BONUS) /DELAY

Trance stick is worse than KD mainhand (and offhand) always.

Just get a jade mace if choosing 1hb. But as others have said, 2hb is way better once damage caps come off. I keep a trance stick in my bag, just to skill up for the first few minutes after a ding.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 09-17-2022 at 06:30 PM..