Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Default Really, its 2020 and ppl are actively playing in velious and stuff

Back in like 2012?? or something when kunark launched on red or w/e and I thought it was so cool, there was another velious server which had a population of like 10 people.

Velious is slowly acruing enough warm bodies to melt the icey cold lonelyness of the deep night.

I scoffed at the idea of a velious enabled pvp server and thought it would be a total joke.

I'm actually warming up to the idea that over the course of another decade red might get way more ppl in velious content and the server will stay stable.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Banned

velious is terrible, bosses have too much hp to defend against even a single well geared rogue and you need too many people to kill stuff

lower hp targets are much more fun

full suits of raid gear on players ( impossible on live due to high pop ) Had unpredictable results
Old 12-31-2020, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think the alure of velious is 1 grpable gear like thurg armor and NTOV goes to the elite neckbeards.

Some alright velious droppable/tradables. We can still kill every kunark mob.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Who is Thulian and how is he so retarded?
Old 01-04-2021, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Velious is just more content that isn't totally absolutely broken garbo town like all future expansions.

But it does make balance further in favor of best raid guild with more +10 all stats all/all zero weight hyper items for every slot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious is just more content that isn't totally absolutely broken garbo town like all future expansions.

But it does make balance further in favor of best raid guild with more +10 all stats all/all zero weight hyper items for every slot.
Pugging in TOFS is so fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I blame raiding, raiding ruins everything, except rnf boards.

But that expac seemed like it was geared for raiders that QQ'd too much during Kunark?
Old 01-04-2021, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is Thulian and how is he so retarded?
Old 01-04-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pugging in TOFS is so fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I blame raiding, raiding ruins everything, except rnf boards.

But that expac seemed like it was geared for raiders that QQ'd too much during Kunark?
Yeah I think the expansion was geared towards raiders, it was a high level only continent. I think the main reason Velious makes it into the "classic" everquest world is that we remember when it came out and we liked it. Luclin came out and made teleports to the moon, the bazaar, horses, stupid ass graphics, and all kinds of garbage. Velious was the last expansion that didn't diverge heavily away from original everquest.

I think vanilla everquest is the best and wish heartily that project 1999 team or someone with their vanilla everquest database to start would make a vanilla locked server that simply added content and quests to fill in the old world zones that are mainly neglected especially once Kunark and then Velious come out. Besides accessing guild trainers a person could get power leveled to 40's or whatever and gear up exclusively in velious and not miss a single morsel from the classic or even kunark world except if they wanted a fungi or something.

For me I am excited about one day doing all the kunark raids and all the planar raids and all the velious raids. I got about a billion hours more everquest exploring to do. One day I'll do it too as long as this project is still around.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

All the really cool mobs have over 12khp so ya it kinda is annoying for normal ppl, but nothing a group of 3 cant usually handle.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I think the thing is they expected most ppl to have mid range kunark gear and hit for 150 right out that bat and velious only has a few 'catch up' spots/items, but those are really good, def got to hit the rygor fort and tofs.
Closed Thread