Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default Blue Mrylokar dagger rogues?

Would any of you be kind enough to post some logs of your min/max backstabs with or without primal? None have ever dropped on red so no one to ask or parse from there. Trying to sort through all the information from it still being 12/17 with modifier to it being its 15/19 with no modifier, or with modifier.

I currently max BS at 553dmg with 1490atk on epic, so if a mrylokar dagger is going higher then this as a 12 let alone a 15 then its pretty clear the modifier is in but I thought that was a luclin addition.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Not sure how many even know, but the dagger is currently changed to version 2 in the timeline... Zephira's Dagger of Blood (11/17). Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance should hit sometime in the October Era patch. Right now, it sucks. I have it range-slotted, and a couple other friends just have it bagged (not sta capped). The dagger still acts a bit strange. It can still max backstab for 553, but it's extremely rare. My DPS overall has dropped about 15-20% with the same set up.

There is NO Backstab skill modifier on either versions. If there was a skill mod, it would reflect in the Skills page, like the Tunare dagger does. If it had a backstab damage bonus, it would be a flat additive and not account for the 553. Before Version 2 hit, I thought it would be more likely that the item was really 15/19, but did not visually display. The reason why I thought this was, it backstabbed exactly like a ragebringer would WITHOUT the attk bonus. I tested with Ragebringer in my offhand, 12/16 Mrylokar in mainhand, and the backstab damage averages were dead on.

I didn't save much of my parsing data.. I guess I could go through old logs, but this is some bit that I saved.

Target: Vyemm (5 encounters) AVG BACKSTAB

Mrylokar/Primal (1490attk) - 209.12
Epic/Primal (1490attk) 232.01
Thornstinger(12dmg)/primal (1490attk) - 179.36

Later on I tested this set up on Yeli? Don't remember.
Mrylokar/primal/RB-swap - 231.13
Old 05-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Even with a mod, I not going to try to calculate it... but a sub 15 dmg weapon hitting for precisely the 15 dmg max seems a little convenient doesn't it? My guess would be a database error somewhere. I don't know if it's possible or not, but seems like the clientside dmg might be different from what the server is using.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I was pretty confident with that assumption for v1 (mrylokar dagger of blood), but I'm not sure now. V2 (Zephira's 11/17) same attk/gear, has the same backstab max (553), but the average backstab is much much lower.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

553 backstab with an 11 damage mainhand? how is that even possible with no backstab modifier? Vyemms fang 12/17 cannot even hit over 500. Also that is dissapointing to hear that the final version is still not even patched in. As least none have dropped on red yet....Guess I will just keep waiting and snatch it up regardless fixed or not and hold it til it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with a mod, I not going to try to calculate it... but a sub 15 dmg weapon hitting for precisely the 15 dmg max seems a little convenient doesn't it? My guess would be a database error somewhere. I don't know if it's possible or not, but seems like the clientside dmg might be different from what the server is using.
whoops didn't read this entirely, but yeah I can confirm Vyemm's fang with primal etc max hit is no where over 500. I would need to search logs, but the max was like a 469 or something
Last edited by syztem; 05-02-2016 at 04:56 AM..
Closed Thread