Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Default Monk PB vs 2x SoS

After speaking with some folks in game, I was believing down the path that PB is the way to go while leveling...however,

If I am comparing correctly using the google doc spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0

It looks like Post 29 the dual stave of shielding out works the peacebringer, am I missing something or?

I know its been beaten to death, but I am debating selling the PB to help fund some jboots, and wonder if that is wise...
Old 04-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

PB is better for soloing (ie tanking). I'd sell an extra SoS, as you'll never use two after getting epic.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

I'd keep one or the other... my monk is on red so I'm kind of stuck with the PB, as long as you're dps'ing that's the main thing.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

2hb was superior from my experience until about mid late 30s where it starts to even out more.

PB will last you to 60 just fine, same with 2 SoSs. The difference is minimal. If you want to fund Jboots, the safer bet is to keep the 2hb because you will get murdered fighting damage shield mobs otherwise.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Dual wield will be better dps output always with the current damage tables, but the 2hb provides for better tanking as there is less chance for mob riposte and when you riposte it does more dmg.

dual wield you will do and {probably} take more damage
2hb you will do and {probably} take less damage
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Two-handers are going to get a boost pretty soon. I wonder how that's going to be handled. I've heard they were OP into Moonkittens, but then tempered down at some point. Is there real hard data on that though? I believe it's a part of our last classic patch ever.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two-handers are going to get a boost pretty soon. I wonder how that's going to be handled. I've heard they were OP into Moonkittens, but then tempered down at some point. Is there real hard data on that though? I believe it's a part of our last classic patch ever.
As far as I have seen, there is zero hard data on current 2hand bonus available aside from player parses. Not sure if there was hard data in classic either, until they changed the damage tables which I guess happens in Velious at some point.
Last edited by jolanar; 04-28-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Old 04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Kobold

Is it worth it to buy an adamantite club main hand with sos off (instead of x2 SoS, having to sell one after epic)? Actually curious if it would be something you'd hang onto (along with SoS) to swap out as alternate offhands with epic fist main.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

OP, you are correct, dual SoS is superior DPS from level 28. PB will grant you fewer ripostes and dmg from DS, but it is also very heavy and will likely bump you over your weight limit which diminishes the value of the tanking benefits.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcolepticLTD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it worth it to buy an adamantite club main hand with sos off (instead of x2 SoS, having to sell one after epic)? Actually curious if it would be something you'd hang onto (along with SoS) to swap out as alternate offhands with epic fist main.
Adamantite Club does not beat out SOS until 37 on ratio, but they are very close. I don't remember when the effect starts to process though. I think it is 50 at which point it is roughly 8% superior assuming.

On the PB vs SOS topic though, also remember SOS processes major shielding at 50 which stacks with the cleric/Druid hero/skin lines. Making the PB even less attractive.

I contend its popularity is rooted in ignorance of the mechanics and the misconception that it is like a tstaff. It isn't the rstio is close, but that is it. The thing that makes the Tstsff so special is its proc: 120 damage + unresistable stun. That is huge.