Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Fire Giant

Default Treant Fist Quest

Any monk done this quest?

Im currently working on it, (at level 30) for old times sake. And was wondering how long it took you to spawn the Alchemist in Beholders maze?

Ive managed the Misty thicket one, but been here for 5hours + now, as the alchemist in Beholders is on a stupid 72min timer!

For the time put in, the reward is crappy, apart from the plate look crimson coloured gloves. (and also theyre decent until planar gear imo)

Is it me, or do monks really get done over with quests and camp times! Im determined to conquer this. Then its thinking about Raster!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Completed the last leg of this quest several days ago for the same reason. Both of the alchemist drops were the first I obtained early on and yeah, agreed, the alchemist in beholder's maze is a pain.

In regards to the reward itself, it seems more monks just opt for gem inlaid gaunts, but treant fist stats are practically the same at a glance and of course they have their own unique look.

I'd suggest, if you keep running into snags, to just return to the quest later on at which point you can absolutely clean house in Runnyeye and deck out a newb alt in full bi. But either way, the quest is well worth doing if you really just want to visit old stomping grounds.

By the way, the captain in runnyeye is a bit of a fickle spawn. Have seen consecutive respawns and then nothing for quite a while. Just a heads up.

GL
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Kobold

For England!

I've done it. I love the look, it matches the RotLC perfectly and won't upgrade them until epic. Here's my tips and experiences:

Runnyeye: The cube was easy, it was up when I zoned in. The goblin captain took a few hours to spawn though. I solo'd it but the room he's in has a lot of spawns so splitting it took lots of bandages, don't remember what level I was exactly but it was in the 30s. Watch out for the wizards and backstabbing guards.

Gorge: It's actually not a 72 minute timer, it's the 2 spawns right outside Runnyeye which are very quick 5 or 6 minute spawn. It took me a few hours to finally get him to pop.

Misty Thicket: I made a level 1 halfling rogue and ran him over to the goblin area. He's the wandering one and Mooto can be a PH. Every day before I logged in I just checked this and one day he was finally up. I then moved the rogue to the Gorge.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Phased is right. I got mine real quick with those spawns outside RE

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Large Bat

To clarify something so I know if I'm killing the right PH or not at wrong spot.

Captain/PH spawn in the room west of Goblin King's room and his spot is on red carpet?

Been killing that PH for 4 hours each night before bed and ended up being annoyed because everywhere I looked they said he's "fairly common" spawn.

Bioware - Manly Human Monk
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Large Bat

Ok so it turned out he can spawn in any spot of the goblins in that room.

Off to camp Gorge!

Bioware - Manly Human Monk
Closed Thread