Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

How well tested is this model for DPS? Are the differences in values it produces for different weapon set ups proportionate to the differences produced for different weapon set ups in parses?

Is it really representative enough of 'real' dps for comparison sake that it can give a value for dps that is accurate within 1% of error?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Banned

The reason I say get a SoS is because even if it is "sub optimal" at certain level ranges, you will never sell it and it will be a staple for your monk for most of your monking career. Plus with the Chardok exploit (proxy groups) there are about 500000000000 of them on the server and sell for like 1k now

I used a Peacebringer for a long while, fantastic weapon and an awesome buy. But it can be hard to resell...and you will definitely outgrow it in your 50's.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly dual wield vs two hander is a lifestyle decision more than a dps decision.
Last edited by jolanar; 04-08-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Old 04-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

I don't know anything about monks but my general advice would be to go for items that will last you until you're level 60. That means, no SCHW, no peacebringer. Get haste in your belt/cape slot, and save up for an IFS. SoS wouldn't be a horrible choice either. Worry about armor later outside of stuff you can get from grouping, I'd put tinkerer bags ahead of armor when gearing up. Who cares if one weapon or another is marginally better at low levels, you won't spend very long at those ranges anyways. Time spend auctioning items you've replaced that don't sell easily is time you could have been leveling or gearing up, and I guarantee the net loss of time is worse than any marginal DPS or stat increase would make in your leveling. The gear you have now is enough to hit 60 in no problem. You play on blue, you can hit 60 naked.
Last edited by Xaanka; 04-11-2016 at 07:00 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 03:31 AM
Kobold

confirming a modest haste item and WQS will let you solo very efficiently/quickly while naked (did so from 24 to 30 so far and laughing my ass off)
Old 04-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Orc

Currently 34,IFS+ some black pantherskin pieces, others are mainly fillers.I am in solA since level 30,really enjoying the zone.
Any hints where to go after that?(still soloing).
Old 04-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently 34,IFS+ some black pantherskin pieces, others are mainly fillers.I am in solA since level 30,really enjoying the zone.
Any hints where to go after that?(still soloing).
Can do lguk a bit then solb

Kobolds near window into royals and eventually to the bugs

Can also grab targin for epic while ur in solb
Old 04-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

I found the guards in Highkeep great xp soloing 33-38ish ..even up to 40 with some top floor guards..awesome xp and loot..can bank and vendor right in zone
Closed Thread