Good Luck! 4 44.44%
games dead lol 3 33.33%
fuck you 2 22.22%
purple 5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2023, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it when a swarm of lvl 1s with a druid handing out magically enchanted +1 clubs to a few can wipe out a lvl 20.

Let's say there's 30 lvl 1s and 5 of them have an enchanted club.

That lvl 20 is in serious danger! Especially if they don't know to pinpoint who can bypass their protection against normal weapons! Maybe make them roll perception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] or some other skill even to figure out what the hey is going on first.
I always wanted to start a guild of alts that hang out in EC living on donate gear for the sole purpose of batphone raids on that griffin lol
Old 04-29-2023, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit, I'll have to change that one quick. Maybe Matwa and Matsu sounds good enough lol

Now, by granularity, are you implying more frequently adding smaller increments of character growth giving more nuanced interactions as opposed to larger more tangible rewards and fewer steps along the way? Like chop everything into small bits and drip feed vs stopping for 3 square meals at set times?
Yes. It comes down to preference.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

I suppose at this stage, I ought to just establish each point and just move on or I'll just spin my wheels and annoy people with this thread jumping to the top for no reason. It's probably hard to ask perspective on something nobody can see.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose at this stage, I ought to just establish each point and just move on or I'll just spin my wheels and annoy people with this thread jumping to the top for no reason. It's probably hard to ask perspective on something nobody can see.
That's the point!

If level cap is 20

It's much scarier to face a lvl 15 mob. Then if lvl cap is 200

In txt muds I enjoyed getting a lvl and spells or abilities each lvl with the last or so levels being "epic" lvls.

My favorite one had like 32 lvls. The last lvl gave my wizard a nuclear bomb spell (it was named something else) that would pretty much kill the wizard (in a non resurrectable state) and several nearbye rooms.

You can think of abilities and progression. And class design. Then come back later and decide how many levels it should take later.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Bump
Old 04-30-2023, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

I keep summersaulting down a cliff and I can't stay focused in a productive way.

Quote:
Sure, here is a summary of everything we've discussed on points 1-5:

1. Genre: The game belongs to the MUD and MMORPG genre.

2. Setting: The game takes place in a fictional fantasy world with inspiration taken from EverQuest, Dungeons and Dragons, and Lord of the Rings.

3. Story: The primary focus of the game is to provide an engaging environment for players to interact, explore, and find their own fun and challenges. While storytelling will be present, it will be presented in a way that reflects this focus.

4. Characters: While many characters will be present in the game, their primary focus will take a back seat to environment/exploration, character growth and development, and player interaction. Storytelling will be presented in a way that reflects this.

5. Mechanics: The gameplay mechanics of the game will borrow heavily from games like EverQuest and Dungeons and Dragons. The game seeks to provide a rich crafting experience similar to games such as Dwarf Fortress, Harvest Moon, or Minecraft. The primary focus of the game is to provide an engaging environment for players to interact, chat, and find their own fun and challenges.
Ask me any question if you'd like. I think I'm going to try to make red2.0 with this?.. basically all you have to do is chime in about how great your stupid idea is and I'll do the rest. They were saying on that evennia website the people've got servers that will run on a raspberry pi
Last edited by goblinmob; 04-30-2023 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know honestly. I kinda have lost interest already. I don't like to read a lot tbh. So I haven't played muds in ages.

If I do play stuff like that I want the action to be simple and the npcs to go on and on about their life stories and how the king is stupid or whatever sorta like browsing p99 forums.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Haha fair is fair. I have a hard time shutting up sometimes.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

I had a brief thought - an audio mud would be so fucking cool. You lay there in bed and use a controller like an ex box, but thats to move your character from room to room and select spells to cast, and interact with npcs.

when you select an npc it says out loud "Zifnab(c)(tm) stands here mumbling something about his [hat] and a [froglizard]!" and then you can select a word like froglizard with your gamebad the audio just repeats the key words as you select up or down and then you can get Zifnab to tell you about his frog lizard. there's a key that lets you look around the room and you can select objects or directions from the scenery the same way -- if you have a kobold selected in the scenery or room and you select your magic missile spell you'll hear magic missile targeting kobold, you pres your cast button and the kobold gets explodes! with some cool sound effects. if the "kobold begins to cast a spelll" maybe your spellcasting skill is high enough to know WHAT spell its casting - you can press another selector and select to interupt or ignore that spell - it is a bit turned based --- the advanced version of this game lets you macro a series of beeps or tones or sounds or musical notes to each object/spell as a 'quick refernce' so you don't have to hear it all out every time, and you can get some wonderfully beautiful descriptions and lore of the world around you through audio style play.

totally different than your project, butt it would be fucking cool. Audio everquest -- good for the bed bound and terminally ill or blind that just can't expend the calories on the visual cortex anymore <3
Old 04-30-2023, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

It's the GoblinLounge. If any ideas are relevant or obtainable, they are DISQUALIFIED. only the most outlandish prospects will do. Shoot for the stars land on the moon. Shoot for the moon land on your ass.