Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikey722 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the responses everyone. Very insightful for helping me make my big decision.

I’m interested in making a rogue, but I do have a question.

On the Daybreak forums, rogues are generally considered to be the worst class in the game for classic EQ? Is this because the classic EQ per Daybreak is different from the project 1999 classic EQ? Balances changes?
All melee classes are bad in classic. They get much better in kunark with better weapons, discs, weapon skills, longer fights, etc.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Wizard > Rogue even in velious, do you think every rogue on the server is going to have ST/Doze/tunare daggers with stacked AoB? Wizards also help mobilize a raid, the only encounter I can see wanting rogue over wizard is maybe trak, bc they can just hide/sneak all the way to the lair? I think you are severely over estimating rogue DPS out of a handful select rogues on the server and Severely Underestimating wizards DPS due to them not showing up on melee parses.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

ChooChoo Train

You're either trolling or have never played a rogue at a raid in velious.
Your miss information is dangerous to anyone who may come across this thread in the future.

Wizards have a mana pool, they cast their nukes and then have to sit meditating.
Rogues are constant dps with epic+offhand, they out dps wizards in velious easily without absurd high end raid weapons. First hand experience talking here.

Raid targets in velious have more health than classic and kunark. As I've already stated wizard in classic and kunark are nice for this reason. The lower life raid targets in classic and kunark can be nuked down by a group of wizards. But come velious, they take a serious back seat to rogues. But of course im not saying classic/kunark raid targets disappear, they're still around for wizards to nuke in velious. Velious raid targets rogues win the dps race. EVERY, TIME.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-08-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Old 05-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't come crying to us when your raid wipes because two dozen non cleric/rogues show up and fumble around the mob.
||
Don't come crying to us when your raid doesn't have enough cleric CH chain or rogue dps and wipes.

Only need a few good tanks.
two maybe three shaman
one or two enchanters
one paladin to swap to rogue after buffing
one or two rangers if speed bump is needed else they swap to rogue
one necro is arguably worth being there for twitches
one druid for buffing then swap to rogue or spot heal
one or two bards, tank group songs or cleric mana songs
enough monks/sk for pulling, then sk should swap to rogue

This means,.. roll a cleric or rogue as they are in unlimited desire.
Even if most of the classes listed above don't show up, with one good tank, clerics and rogues. You can down targets.

so the thing about wizard. Classic & Kunark dragons.. you can nuke them down with enough wizards. Come Velious rogues out dps them.
You're not wrong, Walter...
Old 05-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

This depends. On targets where wizards can Bane nuke, they're often going to beat out Rogues unless the rogues are running top end ToV gear. Out of the two times I've killed Lord Vyemm, wizard came in top DPS and 2nd. I beat the two wizards on a recent Vindicator kill by under 5% when I got a bunch of lucky backstabs and hit top DPS for the kill. Bane nukes are no joke.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 05-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beside cleric? More rogues always good
Maybe on blue. On green you'd want more dps.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:14 PM
Kobold

Wizards oft die and/or don’t report their parses, without primals and TOV/tunare weapons wizards are gonna out DPS rogues even in velious. I think a lot of you guys come from blue when every rogue is geared to the gills and don’t realize how good wizards really are.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

The gear doesn't exist in classic and is too rare in Kunark if you are looking to be top dps as a rogue.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

ITT: lots of green caster-mains desperate to rewrite their future.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikey722 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the responses everyone. Very insightful for helping me make my big decision.

I’m interested in making a rogue, but I do have a question.

On the Daybreak forums, rogues are generally considered to be the worst class in the game for classic EQ? Is this because the classic EQ per Daybreak is different from the project 1999 classic EQ? Balances changes?
You might feel a little underpowered, but if you make it to 50 before Kunark, and you ding 51 when Kunark drops, you'll quickly become a DPS kingpin. I wouldn't worry about current power level. Everyone knows how this story ends.
Closed Thread