Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-21-2024, 03:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Sullon Zek

The only fun I ever really had on live EQ was the faction based PvP.
Anyone with the same colored name was an ally and everyone else were potential enemies.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

You should try red. Everyone with a name is an enemy.
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I just want to play Sullon Zek (pre-PoP. Any point between pre-PoP and classic is fine).
It's all I've wanted since Sullon Zek died.
I've been hopping from MMO to MMO ever since and nothing is as fun for me.

Please. How can I just play SZ again? I want to go home. Help me find my home.

I don't like the level range restrictions on Red. There is also no loot.
Old Today, 10:02 AM
Skeleton

People did a neat trick. They play dead pvp servers and grind pve content. When completing pve content they stop logging in. Also there are instances.

Oh and they say it’s pvp. It’s like when words don’t mean what they should mean. 1984? Bluebies are red. Bluebies are red. Repeat after me.
Old Today, 10:23 AM
Skeleton

Then when there’s no pvp just mindless pve grinding. Everyone thinks they’re pro. So you ask yourself well if no one pvps how do we know who are the true heroes?

We don’t. Cwall might have a narcisstic mortification. His literal life is on the line if he dies in game. Better to just play blue servers and say we’re leet pvp gods.
Old Today, 10:37 AM
Skeleton

A huge problem though is big Skeet dawg, has the throne for EQPVP. Someone comes back to EQPVP, thinks well OK ROT 100 people on or whatever this is the best there is.

Log on, endless PVE grind, no people, dead box. Think well this isn't what I wanted fuck I guess EQPVP is kinda dead or I just don't have it in me anymore (which is totally normal to not want to play that garbage). But they have a secured base of regulars, so the population remains kinda at that dead empty, but like 100 people you know. If content gets old it dips to like 50, then they release more content it goes back up for a bit. Till it dies for good, re-release 100 times etc.

It's really a fake PVP box, that's really just a private PVE box, labelled a PVP box, and kinda ruining any chance of a real PVP box coming out because any people who go there will instantly throw up in their mouth and log out at the 11% a kill at lvl 1 endless seasonal grinding.
Old Today, 10:40 AM
Skeleton

I actually think PVE grind is good, but it needs to be like VZTZ grind - just a nostalgia hit, ROT really like made it classic endless grind. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Instant 50 isn't ideal but how else do you try to get people to try it when the community is so run down and dead and demoralized? Truth is I don't have the answer.
Old Today, 10:41 AM
Skeleton

Old Today, 11:22 AM
Skeleton

The only way EQPVP can grow is if 1.

- Griefers are extinct and people accept that, I don't mean beating peoples ass talking shit training. I mean like someone who sees some flaw, or takes some advantage and just punishes a weak target till they break and either rage, cry, quit. Etc. I don't think they will change so you just have to alter the way things work to not reward them? That's where GM's trip up they try to reason with them, make rules and stuff, but it just ends up being lawyer quest and bending of rules etc. The mechanics have to be set in a way that isn't easily exploitable. You look back on Fansy the bard, he trained SGS in oasis, and like charmed a guard in RV and sent it on people in RV and mobs would assist kill. He wasn't some uber epic gamer, he jsut found some cheese and really layed it on? That's why sticking strictly classic in PVP might be a flaw, ultimately.

- There is no reward for PVE content. Smooth brain? You guys are like tricking your hoarde for the winter brain mechanism and using it in a video game or some shit, you're not accomplishing anything grinding Velious again for the 10th time, then going back to classic, then doing kunark again, like endless stables upon stables of deleted worthless toons. Until PVP can happen for PVPS sake, why? Because a fucking guild of elf wizards and trolls and fucking ogres is cool. The PVP is fun. Like any nerd hobby. There is no mountain top. You are just tricking your brain.
Old Today, 11:47 AM
Skeleton

Red has always had the cheese, Root nets, 18 sec tstaff, no resist earth pet root, trak teeth in pvp, those stupid fucking 6 charge lifetap hoops, umm one guild boring dead super advantage zerg. Nowadays? Same shit, oor bards in WW, mass wands in TOV (no exit nearby), bows, everyone has like bards and winstrikers, for outdoor.

My suggestion? Play that shit for the real well tuned PVE, play Sunday Night PVP once a week, where everyone is roughly on the same level, it's balanced for PVP, Classic feel, people can load up make a guild/crew instantly. PVP. No grinding, No cheese that I can think of I dare Tune to find it. Tune was Fallen during classic Red vs Holocaust a cleric who could instant exit the game in POFear with IP exemption, load in once the trains gone and res his side. I mean if the developers aren't PVPers how do you expect them to make a Red 2.0? I don't blame Tune I admire him but at the same time it's like admiring a great white.

People have not experienced the fun of true Mass PVP on EMU and I know that for a fact. I have been here since the beginning. People need to just trust me and that's the hard part, you'll have fun here =D