Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Orc

Default Translocate

The Translocate spells are giving a confirmation box, which is non-classic behavior.

I'm fairly certain the confirmation boxes started with the destination translocate spells that use the reagent. I remember in many groups using translocate to safelty kick out people that had fallen asleep.

Group translocate MIGHT have had this confirmation box, but I don't recall, as I didn't have that spell until post Luclin. I do know that group translocate didn't force the wizard to leave like a port by at least some point, so it probably either had the confirmation box or just didn't apply to the wizard himself.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tons of information with classic support in this post:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=157

Summary of changes and additions:

December 4, 2000 - Velious Release -- Translocate (no confirmation box)
May 8, 2001 - Added Translocate: North Karana, Greater Faydark, Toxxulia, Combine and Group
May 8, 2001 - Added Confirmation yes/no box for all translocate spells.
June 27, 2001 - Added "Lesser" Translocate spells: Cazic-Thule, West Commons, Nektulos, North Ro
June 27, 2001 - Added "Small Portal Fragments".
November 8, 2001 - Added Translocate: Iceclad, Wakening Land, Cobalt Scar, Great Divide. Added Velious Gates/Rings: Great Divide, Cobalt Scar, Wakening Lands.

"Small Portal Fragments" required for CT, WC, Nek, NRo, Iceclad, Wakening Land, Cobalt Scar, Great Divide (Velious Translocates also require target to have appropriate Velious port tooth).
Target being Translocated (any of them) is required to group with the wizard for the life of the server.
Initially there should not be a confirmation box that the target is being translocated. Confirmation box added with May 8, 2001 patch adding "greater" translocate spells.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Translocate group is dropping and both single and group translocates include a confirmation box at the current time.

Both should be removed until May 2001 patch.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Not too late to fix this for a couple of months!
Old 11-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'm thinking the nature of this server and griefing potential will prevent this classic change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking the nature of this server and griefing potential will prevent this classic change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still have to be grouped and in range for any translocate in our timeline. If the wizard wanted to grief, they could just group port Toxx or Iceclad anyway and gate back.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Kobold

This combined with locket binding in ToV is allowing for easier pulling in nToV than should be available in this era.

+1 classic
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

translocate boxes make for some lame shit on red99 in pvp

would luv to see them taken out
Old 11-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

TL Boxes would only be taken out for about a month if they pulled them now.

The binding in ToV issue really could use some resolving. Anywho who is bound in ToV really needs to have their bind point reset to EC or something and binding needs to be disabled in ToV. It's not classic and hurts my soul that it was missed in beta.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Another TL issue.

Currently Translocate Group gives the caster a TL box. There should be no way to get a TL box from yourself.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001206...://graffe.com/

Quote:
Description: This will send your entire group, excluding yourself, to their bind point. Great when used for parting ways after a day of dungeon crawling.
It can be used as a get out of jail free card as a wizard when instead you should have to rely on 1k potions, WC caps, CT potions or Sky necks for your instant teleporting needs like we did in classic!