Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Skeleton

Default Grobb Guards/charm

Why can I not find any mention of why the Grobb guards were changed to make a semi decent exp spot, completely worthless now?

Also, charm is worthless as well. I would no longer consider ever memorizing the charm spell. Charm was my only real enjoyment being able to level solo on my own free time.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

QQ

lets rephrase that,

"Thank you P99 for letting me play on a free classic EQ server so that I can fill my worthless life with pixels, please look into charm and EXP at grobb guards as it seems to be troubling my lack of playskill.

<3
Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Kobold

Can we move this to RnF please? If you want something to really cry about play a warrior who cant taunt over level 50 mobs. psssh

that being said I still enjoy my warrior and his mighty strikes~ like a boss.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Aviak

Should have got in early before the charm changes, but yah the added guards in Grobb dont match up. The lower lvl random guards that were placed in have higher HP and hit harder then the original ones.

Along with the changes way back about making 6 mins guard into 23 min respawn plus the added uber light blue guard plus the charm changes and the pathing changes in grobb i believe was intended so you will never be able to xp in there.

Move on or reroll another toon friend.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Sarnak

if it was a change to make it more classic then so be it... if it's not then post your evidence. otherwise this looks like RNF material.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Skeleton

It's not just these changes. I can't seem to find mention about changing the guards AC/HP and possibly damage output?

With the guy I charm, I use to smash some of the light blues, now the same one takes forever to kill? Don't even get me started with the dark blues.....a charm lasts less than 1 minute with 220 CHA....

Oh well, I haven't logged in for more than like 4 hours in the past month, no big deal I guess.

I will never be able to spend 100 hours per level sitting in a group somewhere ( now being nothing more than a buff bot as well). Whatev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned

They made guards harder to kill? Sounds pretty classic.

Quote:
MAY 12, 2000

Newbie Guards:

As we are sure many people are aware, there are guards that exist specifically for the purpose of giving new characters a place to run in order to be saved from a certain death. However, as many people have mentioned, these guards are frequently either dead, or engaged by players choosing to hunt them. This makes things very frustrating for newer players, and with the large influx of new players due to the release of EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark, we decided that a change was warranted.

Though we do not have a problem with players choosing to hunt guards, the newbie guards themselves, specifically the ones at the gates of cities and in the vicinity of newbie zones, need to remain alive under most circumstances. To that end, we have buffed up these newbie-protecting guards, made them immune to magic, and given them some pretty good healing properties, in order to make them less attractive to people hunting them.

In addition, though we have left the guards inside cities as-is from the perspective of power, we've also found a problem with the respawn rate. Previously they were typically on a six-minute timer, making them spawn much faster than an equivalent NPC would in a dungeon. We have normalized the respawn time of guards inside cities to bring them in line with dungeon NPCs.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000512.html
Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Kobold

that link is quite irrelevant, other than the spawn time changes at the bottom.

they are talking about the guards at the actual gates to the city (ie, the 2 that sit at WFP, not far from Boomba)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

" With the guy I charm, I use to smash some of the light blues, now the same one takes forever to kill? "

It seems pretty obvious to me you have not paid attention to the patches. You seem to know that charm was changed, yet did not take into account that there was a change with pets in that they no longer automatically duel wield, you must give them weapons now.

Without weapons your pet... yes a charm is a pet... will do roughly 35% less dps. Try charming your normal guard, and giving him two daggers.... and be amazed at how just simply making the attempt to understand things can help.

lazy people suck. read. think.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QQ

lets rephrase that,

"Thank you P99 for letting me play on a free classic EQ server so that I can fill my worthless life with pixels, please look into charm and EXP at grobb guards as it seems to be troubling my lack of playskill.

<3
It's cool how the PVP scrubs constantly make fun of people for 'wanting pixels' when you do the same fucking thing. Bunch of hypocritical fucking crybabies.