Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

Again, thank you all for your advice. I've found a couple of spots where I am making some slow yet consistent progress. I'll try and slog through to better times.

Cheers.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Kobold

I've watched the hermit butcher a lot of people in their 20's. I would stay clear of him til 24. Getting clocked by the wandering cyclops that paths right over him every 30 mins is also a bummer when you've just barely survived fighting him.

I second east karana all the way to 27 or so. griffawns and gorge hounds on the east side are pushovers, it's outside for taking advantage of SOW, there's the easy zone to beholder maze if things go bad. highpass hold just to the east is pretty fun hunting at 20-22 too. plenty of ringmail and bronze and gnoll scalp turnins....

West karana has the scarecrows in this level range too, if staying nearer halas is more your thing.

If you haven't invested 100-200 plat in a half-decent melee weapon yet, you should. shaman melee doesn't go irrelevant nearly as fast as any other caster's, and root rotting is just really really boring some days.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Large Rat

For the record, I am an Iksar and so I struggle with being KoS in most regions while abroad.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Back in the old days, I played my Iksar Shaman to about 52, and pretty much solo'd 98% of the time. Unfortunatly, I don't remember everywhere I hunted. Mainly in Kunark until 50-51 when I went and hunted Gnome guards. I've just started here and am only level 5 at the moment. By the time I get to 20's You'll have passed the issue I'm sure.

It's possible! Sorry I don't remember more.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Go to upper guk and get in a group. Blast through the levels until you get your good spells.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Choosing an Iksar as your first char sure was hitting the "Hard Mode" button bro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but as everyone has said, ding 24 and Glory is yours! Keep it up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburgler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the record, I am an Iksar and so I struggle with being KoS in most regions while abroad.
It is far easier to stay near home, but if you're up for traveling....
..luckily there's some gypsy camps that will sell to you. The centaurs will sell to you in South Karana. I think there's some poison vendor dude in West Karana that should also. Not sure if you perused these but:
https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Iksa...Through_Murder
and
https://wiki.project1999.com/Classic_Merchant_Guide
Old 04-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Large Rat

So, owing in large part to the help and advice I've received here, I've finally hit level 24 and made my way to "a hermit" in South Karana. Still pretty inefficient even with the new spells but it's definitely better.

Thank you all again!
Old 04-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Large Rat

25-27 can be done at leisure (as shaman) killing evil eyes in Beholders Maze.
Last edited by Doublejack; 04-06-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Grats on 24! way to go! Upper Guk is still awesome. 24 is the perfect spot to join a Lguk ZL group, or a warden group, or a scryer group, or even a moat group if other people in the group are higher levels (30 or so) cause you're a WIS caster even if your group fight yellows and reds for you, doesn't impact your healing/buffing.

The Hermit of South Karana is not exactly a good camp per se bro, just one of the most chill afk spot (just make sure to invis between each kill to lower your chances to get killed by the roaming cyclop), but it's not either good xp nor good loot, it's just chill and easy.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...lier_.28ZEM.29

look at the ZEM list, zones with a high modifier are where you get good xp: High Keep, Upper Guk, The Warrens, Najena, Sol A, etc...