Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say probably someone was in sebilis using the sk dot / coth pull method to pull the fungus king ph then and if i catch them doing it they are going to be in trouble.
Its a legit pulling strat..... you cast on a mob, he runs to your camp..

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 01-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say probably someone was in sebilis using the sk dot / coth pull method to pull the fungus king ph then and if i catch them doing it they are going to be in trouble.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Pulling like this is against the rules? I honestly thought that was a utility portion of the Shadow Knight. Did it like this for years on live, and have done it like this on p1999 ever since level 20.

Have I been unwittingly breaking an unwritten rule?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

the issue with pulling like that in sebilis during high population times is that it trains the t-total crap outta the entire zone.

frogs and mushrooms rain out of the ceilings and walls. And i'm not willing to sit in sebilis 24/7 and rez groups that people wipe because they want to pull the fungal king to crypt. or because they want to pull bartender to traks lair

and if you genuinally believe this doesn't happen you are a fool. unless it's been ninja fixed with pathing in the past several months it still happens.

So you dot the npc and get cothed while standing.
(Dot ticks)
Fungal PH agros and transfers SOCIAL agro to all the other mushrooms near him and begins running towards you. they pick up mobs then you see the first mob and feign to split the fungal king off from his pack.

in the mean time ALL of those mobs have wiped anyone at juggs and depending on the path through the wall they may have wiped groups elsewhere.

HOW are you going to sit there and tell me that it's totally fine to train other groups just to pull how you want to?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

And for the record. Just because you are pulling a PH this way - that doesn't give you sole and absolute right to that camp unless you are sitting in it. Camps, defined says to maintain presence in the game.

kthx.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you dot the npc and get cothed while standing.
(Dot ticks)
Fungal PH agros and transfers SOCIAL agro to all the other mushrooms near him and begins running towards you. they pick up mobs then you see the first mob and feign to split the fungal king off from his pack.
My understanding is they click their Circlet of Shadow for insta-invis right after the dot tick to avoid the social aggro of non-see-invis mobs. Assuming they got to the mob in the first place for the initial pull, there wouldn't have been any see invisible mobs on the way back to camp.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is they click their Circlet of Shadow for insta-invis right after the dot tick to avoid the social aggro of non-see-invis mobs. Assuming they got to the mob in the first place for the initial pull, there wouldn't have been any see invisible mobs on the way back to camp.
I've sat and watched SK's pull this way. it is not the fabled single pull that most people believe it is. even if they go invis it still doesn't come single.

it DOES train groups. period.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

So are you going to ban ppl for using a legit pull method (no trains) or are you going to ban people for training, 2 different things. Your prior post indicated you will paint all coth pullers as trainers regardless of trains.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 01-01-2012, 04:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

COTH should be dropping aggro. So if you're using it to pull you're exploiting anyway, making it a moot point.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

i've single pulled with dot/cos, but i'm pro.

Also coth pulling is for pros, leave it to them imo.
Closed Thread