Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Project Manager

[opinion]Global ooc is a terrible idea for peak populations greater than 250. Believe it or not, not everyone wants or needs to hear everything everyone has to say. It empowers idiots and spammers.

I know, I know. It will be suggested to turn off ooc. However, players shouldn't have to disable native, classic features of eq.. to satisfy the needs of others.

Low population, I'd advocate global ooc on for functionality, but still not for "chat".[/opinion]
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[opinion]Global ooc is a terrible idea for peak populations greater than 250. Believe it or not, not everyone wants or needs to hear everything everyone has to say. It empowers idiots and spammers.

I know, I know. It will be suggested to turn off ooc. However, players shouldn't have to disable native, classic features of eq.. to satisfy the needs of others.

Low population, I'd advocate global ooc on for functionality, but still not for "chat".[/opinion]
this = good thoughts
Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Item loot isn't about being hardcore, it just makes the game completely different and not fun - if you allow item loot I'll enjoy being a no-drop/naked wizard I suppose.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
order to pull a higher volume of players it is essential to make sure the bluebies trying out the red server don't have a disincentive to play
This! We can't get everything we need/want. We need to make sure the server is stable and healthy for the general public. The higher the population and higher amount of people having fun the better the server will be.

We can't be all hardcore about everything even if we want it as rough as possible. Higher pop, more people = more opportunities.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Project Manager

Well I played with item loot, and I didn't care if I lost my shoes. It also gives reason to complete the obscure, no-drop quests that no one ever does.

It's hard to give my opinion without saying I'm advocating it for the server. I'm just trying to give my opinion as a pvper. :P
Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

If there is no global ooc then there definitely should be global yellow text. Even is the best of all worlds this server won't have the population of a live pvp server, so yellow text lets you know where hotspots are. I assume given the classic bent of the server there will be no /who'ing zones, so a way to see where fights are happening will be even more vital to the server, yellow text does this.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

If you're going to do item loot. I suggest only a PVP level range of +4 / -4 like Rallos Zek.

The 8 level span is too great for item loot.

Btw. People are going to playing this box regardless. There could be flying ponies crapping ice cream and they'd still play.

P.S. - I'd be fine with global yellow text without a global OOC. I don't need to listen to someone blow their load over killing someone.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for the health of the server, it should be coin only
"For the Health of the server"

That is the only thing that matters. Without a decent population, Red99 is just another worthless pvp box, not worth playing.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

there were ppl who got their ooc revoked, but yea that would create more hassle for GMs.

i just loved the ooc, and for some ppl it was the only reason they played. it built a sense of community, even if the sense was that some ppl are shitheads

could there be a way to limit OOC chat? Like, you get 1 line of ooc for every bubble of exp you earn, 3 lines of ooc for every yellow text you get, (the killer gets 3 lines, the person who died gets 1).. i dont know some kind of system. that would prevent spammers but still let ppl talk if they *really* wanted to. could also use their lines for global auction on items, etc.

just throwing out ideas trying to be creative. i would hate to see global ooc just disappear.
Last edited by Pudge; 08-22-2011 at 01:59 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to do item loot. I suggest only a PVP level range of +4 / -4 like Rallos Zek.

The 8 level span is too great for item loot.

Btw. People are going to playing this box regardless. There could be flying ponies crapping ice cream and they'd still play.
For the hardcore, yes.

We need the non hardcore to play here as well. We need this to not be "yet another pvp box" to let people be asshats.

This needs to be a healthy revitalizing server. We need people (all bluebies included) to WANT to try it out and get addicted as well.
Closed Thread