Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Blue to play multiplayer.
Red to play single player.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually red promotes more grouping than blue because of the xp bonus for grouping. People will play a lower level character just to make groups with people.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly you actually do end up grouping a lot in Red. It's not that different from blue except that you have to instantly ignore a handful of people and the top-end of the server are two factions of people that have been on the server forever.

They all simultaneously hate each other but won't ever say they do until they're in the other guild (there are only 2 guilds on the server).

Once you've established which team you play on, there's constant shuffles and then people switch sides and then everyone on that side is pals again until the shuffle happens and you're not on the same side anymore and people hate each other again.

At the end of the day, Red is basically just a rec league tennis club for 50+ year olds where everyone has a clearly defined reputation, everyone is simultaneously fine with and dislikes each other. Afterward they eat pizza and drink mic-ultra from pitchers and shit talk about the match.

At the end of the day, most people are alright there, I only met one person I genuinely didn't like because I'm positive he was on cocaine any time he was on. You never got one tell, it was like 40, and before you could respond he'd go from annoying to full blown tantrum. Dude definitely didn't socialize, shit was weird.

One appealing thing about Red is that it was a lot easier to be recognized--I sucked balls at pvp and I don't know if I ever actually killed anyone, but if you play a lot and exist on the same character for long enough and show up a lot, people just sort of get to know you. The community isn't huge, so it's not hard to remember most people's names.

Also leveling fast is cool.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Fair enough. I do have an SK there but I never was able to really encounter another player. Its nice to be able to chat to the whole world though ;D
Old 04-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Orc

From my minimal time playing on Red, and P99 as a whole, Red seemed pretty decent honestly.

I have a cleric in his 50s, didn't have much trouble finding groups, people helped me out once they noticed I was on pretty often that I grouped with regularly in my 30s onward, didn't see much PvP until my late 40s onward, but not too much. I still believe I hadn't died to PvP on my Cleric either strangely... which is what I was afraid of being a Cleric (defenseless, but got away each time), and I just didn't care for PvP on EQ even back on Rallos Zek.

I'd say give it a try for sure. The smaller community is actually pretty nice as long as you're not a twirp, and if you log on often people will notice.

I'd certainly go back, but my internet connection nowadays is unreliable during the day usually, but at night I'm good (moved to a commune last year, lots of people on 1 connection), and I was wondering if my connection would hold up if PvP happened. I get around 80ms-100ms on Blue. I wish I could just call a truce with everyone and play lol... ah well.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Red is definitely worth a try. The exp bonus on a full group is really nice. When I played there it had more like 150 during prime time and now it's much less. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing (I haven't played there since about 3 months after Velious). I just stayed away from the usual places because people have no life and there are raid geared lvl 15s sitting in places like uguk, crushbone etc. Avoid: CB, MM, uguk, unrest, and other popular places. Go to places like runnyeye, solA, befallen, Kaesora, Dalnir...and you will avoid (for the most part) those which have no life.

What was the name of that loser that had a raid geared ranger in dagnor's so he could kill newbs on their way to Unrest? Started with an X iirc.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is definitely worth a try. The exp bonus on a full group is really nice. When I played there it had more like 150 during prime time and now it's much less. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing (I haven't played there since about 3 months after Velious). I just stayed away from the usual places because people have no life and there are raid geared lvl 15s sitting in places like uguk, crushbone etc. Avoid: CB, MM, uguk, unrest, and other popular places. Go to places like runnyeye, solA, befallen, Kaesora, Dalnir...and you will avoid (for the most part) those which have no life.

What was the name of that loser that had a raid geared ranger in dagnor's so he could kill newbs on their way to Unrest? Started with an X iirc.
All this talk about Red made me switch back haha.

Yea, I didn't get any PvP until late 40s really, and the only person to successfully kill me on my cleric so far was actually really cool afterwards; which happened earlier today actually... good welcome back.

I say give it a try. People are mostly pretty cool. The OOC is terrible at times, but kinda funny as well; mostly trolls. Just don't rage when PvP happens... because it will.
Last edited by Zulzephur - TM; 04-02-2018 at 09:55 PM..
Old 04-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exed.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

That would be Exed aka Quil

did real harm to reds pop

IF you want to PAY BACK in kind consider playing the all-new Season 5 of ZEK

http://www.eqpvp.com/

its a new server, and Exed plays there w/ his cousins, uncle, nephews under the name Quillibillies

Come and dunk on his chicken-breasted ass starting 20th April.
Last edited by MerkelMacron; 04-03-2018 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
This is what I do. I normally play on blue, but when my friends aren't around I have an enchanter that I solo on red. Usually the zones I prefer to play in are empty, which is great because I'm terrible at PvP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The few people I do run into are all pretty friendly and considerate for the most part. I've been attacked twice, both times for no real reason that I could understand, but hey it's a pvp server, and I'm a good sport [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread