Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-08-2024, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long would that take to corpse 2000 reapers though? Probably like 70 hours.
Sounds like a job for castle. Completlely wasting time on pointless exercises.
Remember kids, dont count the time corpsing stuff.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

nice job guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Man those two enchanters were carrying that shaman
Old 07-10-2024, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't that always the case tho?

there is only one camp in the game where groups would consistently choose shm over ench
Old 07-10-2024, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People can watch the video and come to their own conclusions. When you watch a video negatively rather than objectively, your conclusion will be affected.

Just look at Vexenu. He thinks it is the healer's fault an Enchanter ran into the middle of four mobs without Rune or Bedlam. This is due to watching the video negatively, not watching the video obectively. I don't think many people agree with Vexenu when looking at Enchanter strategies. Rune and/or Bedlam is a good idea when you know you are going to potentially be taking a lot of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't that always the case tho?

there is only one camp in the game where groups would consistently choose shm over ench
You could say Enchanters carry any class in a small group, since they are the top solo class in the game. That argument isn't Shaman specific.

However, Shaman/Monk/Enchanter is a powerful and common combination for a reason. You don't see that many Ench/Ench/Ench trios.

This is because utility and consistency will often trump extra DPS in the long run, because death can be a large setback in P99. If your group dies and loses their camp, that is a much larger setback than a bit slower kill speeds.
Old 07-10-2024, 11:48 PM
Banned

right but

we aren't debating whats best overall, or who grinds orc pawns faster

seb king is the only camp in the game where a group would choose a shaman over a chanter if they had to choose one or the other

theres just entirely too much opinion obfuscating reality in these "what is best" threads, too much personal feeling and bias

it's a math equation, there is no room for opinions

unless you are terrance howard
Old 07-10-2024, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right but

we aren't debating whats best overall, or who grinds orc pawns faster

seb king is the only camp in the game where a group would choose a shaman over a chanter if they had to choose one or the other

theres just entirely too much opinion obfuscating reality in these "what is best" threads, too much personal feeling and bias

it's a math equation, there is no room for opinions

unless you are terrance howard
This discussion is about a four man group. You can have an Enchanter and a Shaman. So far Fungi King, West Waste Dragons, and Vaniki would benefit from a Shaman over simply having four Enchanters in the group. If a Shaman enables more camps to be easily doable, then you'd want the Shaman in the four man group.

Most people in this thread, including myself, have been discussing best overall, not best trophy kill if you spent 1 million or more plat to make it happen.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-11-2024 at 12:21 AM..
Old 07-11-2024, 12:11 AM
Banned

name of the thread says best

best would mean toughest mob dead

most people are so buried in their own opinions that they believe it as reality

that's how we ended up with a zombie for a president
Old 07-11-2024, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think I've ever killed fungi king with a shaman in the group. What on earth are you people talking about.

The other two examples are also probably wrong, but fungi king is very clearly wrong.
Old 07-11-2024, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I've ever killed fungi king with a shaman in the group. What on earth are you people talking about.

The other two examples are also probably wrong, but fungi king is very clearly wrong.
I have...but it was a long, long time ago when i was a wee lad, brand new to p99 and EQ.

We had a full 6 man with some really heavy-hitters. Cleric / Shaman / Enc (me) / War / Rogue / Monk. This was back when sneak-pulling was a thing.

Did a 4 hour session at the archway between King and the door towards Trak lair. Kept the path to King mostly clear for instant tags and mixed in some reets / juggs. As the enchanter, I was super glad we had that shaman.

That was a fun one. Just a squad of elf bros playing super-sharp in a really dicey spot.

Nobody does stuff like that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-11-2024 at 09:21 AM..