Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarvox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was quadding with my wizard around lv 24 with jboots. I leveled extremely quickly because of it.
Don't we get a snare at lvl 29. Or were you doing it w/o snare?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

i'm sure he was just running away and nuking with a quad aoe. it's certainly possible but even more tedious than normal quadding since you have to run for a while between nukes. with that said, wiz life is hard and it may be better exp than waiting to find a group willing to take you.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would never even fathom being reliant on sow pots for your basic leveling
For 100p, you get 5 hours of SoW with a 10 Dose potion. If we go by the cheapest MQ price of 5k on the wiki, and assuming they don't have to use their own gold for the turn-in, that's 250 hours of SoW for the price of J Boots. That seems like a much more reasonable exchange for a new player than trying to save up for so much at one time.

Even if we look at all the downtime for a wizard that's quadding, they could probably get at least two kites in per shot of the potion if they manage their time well. Possibly even three, depending on their level and if they ran into some nice players who tossed them a PotG and/or C2.

My suggestion would be to focus on gear and spells for now, get some pots when you start quadding, and worry about J Boots when you're a more established player. But that's just my 2c.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For 100p, you get 5 hours of SoW with a 10 Dose potion. If we go by the cheapest MQ price of 5k on the wiki, and assuming they don't have to use their own gold for the turn-in, that's 250 hours of SoW for the price of J Boots. That seems like a much more reasonable exchange for a new player than trying to save up for so much at one time.

Even if we look at all the downtime for a wizard that's quadding, they could probably get at least two kites in per shot of the potion if they manage their time well. Possibly even three, depending on their level and if they ran into some nice players who tossed them a PotG and/or C2.

My suggestion would be to focus on gear and spells for now, get some pots when you start quadding, and worry about J Boots when you're a more established player. But that's just my 2c.
yeah, but after the end of that 250 hrs you still have jboots. plus you have the advantage of having a clicky (useful for refreshing your slot 1 spell quickly, or as a junk buff in certain situations) and this is eq... 250 hrs is not an unheard of amount of time to be playing a character if you are serious about getting to 60.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia998 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't we get a snare at lvl 29. Or were you doing it w/o snare?
I was doing it without snare. Just have to pick the slower mobs. I made a killing the sisters in OOT.
Anilyth - Level 11 Paladin (Retired for now)
Ionis - Level 30 mage
Old 09-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, but after the end of that 250 hrs you still have jboots. plus you have the advantage of having a clicky (useful for refreshing your slot 1 spell quickly, or as a junk buff in certain situations) and this is eq... 250 hrs is not an unheard of amount of time to be playing a character if you are serious about getting to 60.
Certainly. But at what cost? Do you want to live in your car while you save up for a nice house, or would you rather live in an affordable apartment in relative comfort until you could afford the house? I would choose the latter.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
well ya, but "a few" int/mana pieces end up costing 100-300 ea, with some going up to just south of 1k. it adds up real fast. Golden sapphire earrings, loam encrusted set, impskin gloves, braided cinch cord, bracelet of woven grass or golden jaded bracelet, are good items to start looking for.

your mainhand is going to be sotf (staff of temperate flux... not your epic) for 100% of your quadding career, don't bother with a primary.
Staff of Temperate Flux can be cast from inventory, losing out on stats from a cheap primary is just silly. My wizzy is almost 56 and I've used Flux Staff in primary 0 times.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of Temperate Flux can be cast from inventory, losing out on stats from a cheap primary is just silly. My wizzy is almost 56 and I've used Flux Staff in primary 0 times.
ah, you're right. never occurred to me to try. now i have 3 clickables in inventory though, that's really starting to hurt bag space.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
ah, you're right. never occurred to me to try. now i have 3 clickables in inventory though, that's really starting to hurt bag space.
I have Flux Staff + Jboots, what's your 3rd?
Old 09-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have Flux Staff + Jboots, what's your 3rd?
i got a pegasus cloak in my time in NK.
Closed Thread