Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got a pegasus cloak in my time in NK.
Ahh, tbh I don't think you need that in an always clickable slot. Should be able to bag it and swap it in to cast when needed. Should be able to run Staff+Jboots and 6 bags.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't waste your money on gear that doesn't give much benefit.

As a wizard the s ro jboots are pretty easy to solo (grab a high level sow and a staff of temperate flux). Every 8pm hit the desert to check for the 9pm AC pop).

Not at level 9 though.
This is the thing to do. Super easy for a wizard. Spend the 5k on other upgrades. 1-35 you should be spending your plat on spells and cheap +mana/int gear.

If the flux staff is out of reach for you, there's an easy camp in Erud's at level 16, the vampire bats. A necromancer bat spawns once in a while that always drops a 3 charge instant click lifetap wand. Can bind that to a hotkey and have an instant tag while hunting the cyclops.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

both OoT and Sro AC were cancer last I checked into it and I would easily pay 5k to not participate in that shit show.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

I've never had any problems with the SRo one. Just pop on for 5 minutes in the morning, if it happens to be close to 9pm game time, wait and see. Often the zone is empty in the morning. Got two rings that way, each over the course of a week and a grand total of maybe two hours invested.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Id save up 4k for boots (u will get em for that price). Recently quadded 12-51 and couldnt imagine it without the boots. Pots are a hassle. Dont wield flux staff, get a snowcone or a rod from HS.
U can quad before snare. Use flux staff to check distance. Remember to strafe. Lots of super cheap hp/mana gear to get along the way. Pull with throwing if u dont have flux staff.
I much rather camp AC in OoT than try get the 9pm in Sro...
Good luck lil wizard!
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id save up 4k for boots
2013 called, it wants its Jboots price back.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

use a few 10 charge SoW pots to quad yourself up to porting level

/tell acrior, I have one or two I don't use (am shaman and gave up on my war alt)

you gotta be able to haul your ass close to cabilis/FoB though for I am a lizard
Old 09-13-2018, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia998 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-3k? Damn, I got the impression that i need just a few +int/mana pieces. Do you have some suggestions on items I should get?
Face tank nuke spam works well until like 40 (for the 30s do SK gnolls/scrolls).

With an instant gcd refresher, like staff of t flux inventoried, you can down blues fast and get more meditating in than quad kiting allows. I found having a decent weapon often helped reduce the number of nukes needed/finish a mob off.

At lower levels with the right buffs you can even chain your PBAoEs for XP; just don't over pull!
Closed Thread