Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-28-2022, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Hey what’s some cool stories happening in Vztz right now since it’s active and they don’t have their own message board?

Who’s winning what are the guild names
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:38 AM
Aviak

Overall, much less PVP than classic. Some players have quit, including Skeeter (ex-GM). Remaining GMs have no idea what they are doing. Lobbyquest, etc.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overall, much less PVP than classic. Some players have quit, including Skeeter (ex-GM). Remaining GMs have no idea what they are doing. Lobbyquest, etc.
Was fun for a while, is garbage now. People don't PvP just train and grief, server dies in kunark
Old 03-01-2022, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Some of the zerg is quitting after losing over half the mobs in kunark, including all of VP, hence why they are now coming back here spewing propaganda
Old 03-02-2022, 12:39 AM
Aviak

Not sure there was really that many in VP yet, beyond a single guild at this point?

Anyways, they rushed through classic WAY too fast. A lot of people wanted to experience that content longer. Especially with the population levels, it was just about right. I had fun, even with the crazy buffed mage pets :-)

Don't get me wrong. I love Kunark. But with the population (actual number of pilots), it's just too much. Everyone can plop down in their own corner and farm items/exp uncontested. The best EQ PVP is forced by scarcity of resources.

Server will be 100% dead in Velious though, if not before.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure there was really that many in VP yet, beyond a single guild at this point?

Anyways, they rushed through classic WAY too fast. A lot of people wanted to experience that content longer. Especially with the population levels, it was just about right. I had fun, even with the crazy buffed mage pets :-)

Don't get me wrong. I love Kunark. But with the population (actual number of pilots), it's just too much. Everyone can plop down in their own corner and farm items/exp uncontested. The best EQ PVP is forced by scarcity of resources.

Server will be 100% dead in Velious though, if not before.
I would reckon the current VzTz players, in total, would be 40-50% of the total population of Red 2.0. P99 servers have much more credibility and would have no trouble pulling in old vets who don't fuck with drug boxes (myself included). I bet Kunark, though definitely much larger than the old world in terms of end game content (40+), it would be a much tighter feel.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-02-2022, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

there are also plenty of vets that refuse to play on another p99 server because of the horrible management, absurd rules, and track record of giving the server an update once every 4-5 years
Old 03-02-2022, 08:18 PM
Banned

I'm say red99 is the more classic server.

VzTz is funner in some ways I bet, and adequate I'm sure at the least. I really wanted to be able to spend 12 hr days there.

Red 2.0 will be even more classic and absolutely fantastic tho.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are also plenty of vets that refuse to play on another p99 server because of the horrible management, absurd rules, and track record of giving the server an update once every 4-5 years
The number one complaint is the horrible PvP coding that you lobbyquest to defend at every turn even though you no longer play there.

Pets cannot be feared and can barely be rooted(2 out of 5 casts will land for a max of 2 seconds on unbuffed pets)

Making mage the number 1 PvP class showing how lacking the skill level is in PvP combat when an NPC is the most vital aspect of battle.

Despite multiple complaints about this Voidd only seems to listen to you and Kringe while ignoring everyone else. Which once again shows I was right about everything.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:22 PM
Aviak

The issues with pets were pretty much resolved, when buffs were removed when zoning. Of course, that change wasn't made until classic was over......

There is a balance between not touching the server for years, and changing the meta every week. Unfortunately, we have both sides of the spectrum with r99 and roz 3.0.