Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feel free to link here beta monk
This dude legit runs from me if I zone in but has balls on the forum... so cute.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Hi Jeremy here. My forum account is still banned. I've been meaning to appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This wanna be pedoguy codes Rise of Zek where if you have an AC buff you get hit harder

Ruins AC completely where you min or max hit only.
Our hit/AC code needs a little work but it isn't very different than stock EQEmu (which is tuned for a much later era). Helpful players like RallyD would submit parses when they have an issue. We're planning to touch up hit/AC before going on to Velious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes it where you Can port from VP.
Again this is stock EQEmu - I never heard about this before a few days ago. It's nice when guilds in VP actually report issues instead of hoarding them to try and use for their advantage. We're pretty responsive when it comes to fixing stuff like this.

Quote:
Ruined charming so much that the entire charm meta is incredibly broken.
Do you even play a charmer? A lot of credible players have told me that our charm implementation feels almost perfect and is just a little too forgiving (which is what we intended). I'm very proud of our charm system. Did you yourself fall for Salty's trolls on this point?

Quote:
More corrupt than Sirken. Summons mobs that drop raid loot that don’t hit back.
We had an event on Thanksgiving that dropped a few nice items over the course of the 2.5-hour event. Your guild was first on the scene and got run off by a smaller force and you never even tried to contest them again on it. As I recall, Merkk, you were online at the helm of your guild's force and justified your cowardice by saying experience was more important than an event. Some players had grievances regarding the rewards from the event and that it wasn't announced beforehand; we have since adjusted our server's policy to address these concerns. In the nearly 3 months since this event, you have used this event as an excuse for another guild mounting up and becoming competitive on our box - nevermind the fact that they have worked their asses off.

Quote:
Restores afk deleveled characters
Up until recently, this was our policy. I was instructed by Renly and Skeeter to be merciful on all GM type issues (botched handins, lost items, lost exp), but it's becoming clear that we need to intervene less. We're learning as we go here.

Quote:
Jeremy seems to think being rooted/snared at 200+ mr is normal. Debuffs don’t exist on this server
I haven't touched the resist system yet other than to add a threshold to cap resist chances on powerful MR-based effects like root, snare, stun, blind. At 125 MR you have a 98% chance to resist root, and you have about a 2% chance for anything to land. If this isn't working properly you should report it. I've heard people complaining about getting snared, but I figure that shit happens - I've never seen any credible evidence that this system is broken.

Quote:
They also allowed unlimited boxing and most the apex shit stains on the server have over 5 chars at select screen making the population seem greater than it really is. Can’t find anyone to pvp in kunark much like here during primetime.
We allow two boxes and a third as a trader only. We have disciplined people in the past for breaking our rules and will continue to do so. I see plenty of PvP - we're averaging several thousand kills per month.

Quote:
Still somewhat of a fun server but more n more people quit because they don’t want to be this shitty developers test subject. Nilbogs creation is next to none
You're right - our box isn't nearly as polished as nilbog's. P99 is approaching ten years old. RoZ has been out since late June. I apologize for anything that may have affected your experience, but a little discomfort comes with our accelerated timeline. We're a small team running a box that probably doesn't appeal to most Everquest players, but we're doing god's work hammering out these issues the hard way so that maybe some day we can all have the PvP box we dream of. My suggestion to you is to just take it for what it is and try to enjoy it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Skeleton

OP is one pathetic loser, both in RL and (more importantly) in Everquest
Old 02-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Let's sum this thread up, merkk talks massive amounts of autistic berg childish BS to everyone. Gets mad when people who are playing against each other band together to take his pride and joy away. This guy is massive butt-hurt. Also, if you ever try to spread lies about me to my RL friends again you wont like the outcome. Take this as a warning.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Aviak

TL;DR

Merkk whines like a child. RoZ staff has good intentions, but ended up driving a lot of people away.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Funny how Jeremy flys in with the Diplomatic approach... Considering he’s a trolling asshat in RoZ chat on the daily if you even attempt to bring up any of the issues he mentioned.

You failed as a GM dawg, move on and try something new. Heard you were good at cleaning boats? Should give that a shot.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

I think that sums it up just about right: RoZ had good intentions but ended up pushing everyone away.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Yup, it all started with "fixing charm". Yeah, we get it, you want to make a "legit" server.
Like nobody cares about that shit- we aren't playing RoZ to get a true EQ experience. Would just play on a DB server or P99 for that. We wan't to level fast, get loot fast, so we can PVP.

Second mistake was releasing Kunark too fast.

Third mistake will be velious and future expansions (if it even makes it that far).
Old 02-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Op is part of a loser guild that modified VP zonefiles to cheat and still lost. Thankfully they fucked off to EQ2.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Closed Thread